Bigtymetexan

Jan 9, 2021
The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! New pool owner and have a question.

My pool has 2 Pentair VSF motors. I do see a section in the app (under pumps) to control the speed but that speed is not tied to a schedule... hence I can't configure it to run at a lower speed and speed up later during peak hours.

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.

If you are on Pentair ScreenLogic, on your main menu there should be an icon for schedules. On mine it is right below the pumps icon. Hit it and select schedules again and you should be able to schedule it however you see fit. I run a low, high, low schedule, but the choices are pretty much unlimited.

Big,

Each Circuit can only have one speed.. So, if you want the pump to run at two different speeds you need to use two circuits..

The best way to do that is to figure out what the slowest speed you ever want to run and assign that speed to the "Pool" circuit. In my case about 1200 rpm.

Then use a Feature circuits and name it whatever you want, and assign a faster speed..

The pump will always run the fastest when it sees two speeds..

Look at my speeds below.. I schedule "Pool" for the entire time I want my pump to run.. Then I schedule Skim low, Skim high or Waterfall to change to that speed.

Please let me know if that does not make sense to you..

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you are on Pentair ScreenLogic, on your main menu there should be an icon for schedules. On mine it is right below the pumps icon. Hit it and select schedules again and you should be able to schedule it however you see fit. I run a low, high, low schedule, but the choices are pretty much unlimited.
I have programmed in my schedule but my question was around pump speed. There is no selection to control the speed of the pump in my app.

I also downloaded the Windows native desktop app and it's not in there either.

Confused.

Big,

Each Circuit can only have one speed.. So, if you want the pump to run at two different speeds you need to use two circuits..

The best way to do that is to figure out what the slowest speed you ever want to run and assign that speed to the "Pool" circuit. In my case about 1200 rpm.

Then use a Feature circuits and name it whatever you want, and assign a faster speed..

The pump will always run the fastest when it sees two speeds..

Look at my speeds below.. I schedule "Pool" for the entire time I want my pump to run.. Then I schedule Skim low, Skim high or Waterfall to change to that speed.

Please let me know if that does not make sense to you..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Interesting. I don't see that screen anywhere.

Am I using the wrong apps (phone/desktop)? I downloaded ScreenLogic Connect for iOS and Windows.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.