Screen logic or intellicenter

rgz82

Jul 9, 2018
central valley CA
Current pool build is at the plumbing stage and i was wondering if i should have intellicenter installed. As of now, screen logic system is whats scheduled to be installed, but now would be the time to make the change. Yard is trenched and i could add ethernet connection for the system.

I have an EasyTouch and ScreenLogic and have found zero reasons for me to upgrade to the IntelliCenter.. That said, if I were building a new pool today, it would only make sense to install the new IntelliCenter..

The key is what are you actually getting today??? You can't just have "ScreenLogic".. It has to be connected to an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch. What you want to make sure you are NOT getting is one of the lite versions of the EasyTouch.. It is a cheap imitation of the real EasyTouch. It has no load center for your circuit breakers and a set of much reduced functions. If the model number has an "L" in it, like PL4 or PSL4, it is a lite version, and just like lite salad dressings just does not taste like the real thing.

So, go with the IntelliCenter if you can and the cost is not too much more.. If you can't switch, I would not worry too much about it as the EasyTouch will do everything that most pool owners will want to do.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.