Screen Logic & EasyTouch

mworswick

Jun 25, 2018
Dallas, TX
I got an issue with setting up my new controllers. I have a combo pool spa using a single pump. I have 3 automatic valves. My issue is that I have 2 return valves. First one splits to pool/ spa and polaris 360 cleaner. The second splits between pool and spa, so the spa fill and creates a waterfall into the pool. The 3rd is just the intake. When i switch to spa only 2 valves turn. I need to get all 3 to turn. The valve right off the pump that splits pool/spa and auto cleaner does not change.
I assume it something to do with Valve A on the Easy touch controller.

Any ideas on what to set correctly so I can use the spa?

M,

The EasyTouch controls 4 valves... To switch between the Pool Mode and Spa mode you can only have one "Return" valve, which directs the water to go back to the Pool or to the Spa.. and one "Intake" valve, which either sucks the water from the Pool or from the Spa. This two valves cannot be programmed, they only work to control the flow of water between the Pool and Spa.

The valve you have that controls whether the water goes to the Pool/Spa or the pressure side cleaner needs to be connected to either valve A or B and should be controlled by a circuit ( Let's call it cleaner)

How do you currently turn the cleaner on??? If you have used one of your Aux buttons, (Let's say Aux3)... then the valve would be assigned to Aux3 and would turn anytime you pushed the Aux3 button, or scheduled the Aux3 circuit to come on. You could also use a feature circuit instead of an Aux button...

Look at the following config page and you can see where I have my "Waterfall" circuit assigned to Valve A... I schedule my waterfall to come on and run 15 minutes a day. At 9 am valve A turns and the pump increase speed and the waterfall comes on. At 9:15 the valve turns back and the pump reduces speed.

dbtgallery.php

If this does not make sense, then show us a screen shot of the above config page as well as your circuit page like the one below...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim,
The pool cleaner is always on. There is a valve right above the pump that splits the output to pool/ cleaner. When spa is active it closes the valve to cleaner forcing all the water to the spa or pool. I do have it connected to valve a.
config.jpg
Capture.PNG
I got it to work this way. How do I change the name to say cleaner? I looked around but could not find anything.

We are going to do some remodeling at the end of the summer. I am looking forward to adding some lights, other water features (if feasible) and hopefully a sun deck.

Mike

Mike,

Sorry, I am confused... (Easily done)... :p

Please tell me how you want your system to work... In most cases people don't run the cleaner all the time, but that is a personal choice...

I'm not sure I understand the problem... Let me know what you want it to do and I'll provide you with some suggestions..

Since you are using the "Spa" circuit to control the valve, you can't rename it... If you were using the Aux 3 circuit (just as an example) you could rename it to whatever you wanted...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mike,

You would use an Aux circuit, but you would not connect anything to the relay.. The relay could not be used for anything else. It would just go unused...

Let's use Aux3 for an example but you can use any Aux you want...

On config page 2 of 5, highlight the line for Aux3... then in the "Circuit name" dropdown box select "Cleaner" or whatever you want.. You can make "Function" Master Cleaner if you want, but I would leave it Generic and see if it works the way you want first... It just reduces the confusion...

Then on config page 3 of 5, highlight Valve A and then in the "Circuit Assigned to" box select "Cleaner".

Then when you push the Aux 3 button on the front panel, the valve should turn.. if backwards to what you want, use the little toggle switch on the valve to set the position you want.

If you schedule the Cleaner on, it will also turn the valve at whatever time you select..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.