School's out for summer...

wow, that is super early. The kiddos here get out 6 June but, my daughter and all AM kindergarteners have to make up 4 days (due to weather) so their last day is 11 June.

I wish it would just warm up here...it was nice and now for the last couple weeks have been yucky :(

chris

my 10 12 and 16 year old get out the 11th of june. kinda late, should be memorial day, but i think kids should get all summer, so the 21st of june to the 21st of september, 9 months of school, 3 months of summer vacation. WORKS FOR ME

21 year old graduated in february and is now part owner of the realeastate business, im retired meaning i dont get up everyday and work, he runs it and does all the work, but i still make the money, best of all worlds :lol:

crabboy said:
My 3 kids (6 & 4) will be out this Wednesday the 21s and we'll be having an after school pool party. The wife has invited so many kids I'll need to have it at Rollin Thunder's pool. :)

sounds like fun, just wired in 4 new bose 251 speakers and moves the 151's to the yard behind the pool, now we can really rock.

o yea and we break ground tommarrow on our new deck, outdoor kitchen, hot tub, extentions and french doors to the deck, gunna have two tvs, one on each side, a rockin stereo, 12 burner grill, pergala with ceiling fans. awsome comfy padieo seats. so if you can wate 4 months then we can throw a super party. out door fridge, microwave, drink mechine, outdoor kitchen with the same counters as inside to match. cant wait. will post pics as we go along since were adding a spa that im gunna need major help with. now if i dont go bankrupt i will be happy. pools are expensive when their working perfectly, you just see stuff, i need that for the pool, then you gotta make the outdoor space worthy of being by the pool. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re:

19redwings said:
Hotrod30 said:
My grandkids get out of school on June 25th. This is New York State. We can't do anything right.

Same here! Although our kids don't go back until after labor day. I would rather have this then end summer before labor day.

I always thought it was kind of stupid to start school before Labor day, go 3 or 4 days then have a 3 day week end. :roll:

Around here school lets out the first week in June/end of May for the grads...the weather is always so finicky. I would rather they go longer into June and start back after Labor Day. the high school starts Aug. 15! That's still summer!!!!

P.S. when does summer end? Kids have been home one week and they are already driving me nuts.

Next year I'm looking into day camp.... :whip:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.