Naples Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I was reading in another thread that you can schedule to only have your spillway run for a few hours rather than all the time. From looking at my system, I don’t think the builder set it up for this feature, and I don’t see an option in the menu. Below I’ve posted some pictures of my system, do I need to modify my plumbing to be able to schedule this feature?
D84A1C04-209D-4AB8-897D-13C68CD95943.jpeg

A96E9733-0D64-4F7F-9B3D-D8920448EDEF.jpegFA2FF29E-BEC8-4B46-A571-2BDB4CF704C8.jpeg

You have an Easytouch. You have the Function. It is called Spillway.
Do you have Screenlogic?

Coast,

The first thing I notice is that your Return valve is set up wrong.. It should be set so that in the pool mode all the water goes back to the pool and no water goes to the Spa.. In the Spa mode all the water should go to the Spa and no water to the pool.. Yours is set so that 50% of the water goes to the pool and 50% goes to the Spa.. This is why you have a continuous spillover. You will need to readjust the stop on the actuator..

To set up your EasyTouch for a spillover function you only need to do three things..

1. Use your PC and go into the ScreenLogic set up page 2 of 5... Select an unused Feature Circuit and Name it "Spillway" and set the Function to "Spillway".

View media item 1964
2. Go to set up page 4 of 5 and add "Spillway" to your IntelliFlo pump and a speed of say 1500 RPM.. (You can use this to adjust the amount of spillover you have"...

3. In your normal ScreenLogic page, go into schedules and add a schedule for "Spillway" for say 30 minutes a day.. (You may want to do this twice a day.. The idea being to keep the spa chlorinated..)

Keep in mind you can only have a max of 12 total schedules and that includes any egg-timers.

Let me know if this does not make sense,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the great detail @Jimrahbe !
I’ll do a search about reconfiguring my return valve, I believe I understand what you mean there, instead of in the center as off, it has to be either all pool or all spa.

when I go into my ScreenLogic, I don’t have those setup pages. The only page that looks like one of mine is the last one you posted 3. “Normal ScreenLogic page”. Is there another “commercial” software that I should download from the Pentair site?

Thanks
Rich

Rich,

Are you using your PC? If so, do you get a page that looks like this when you first start up ScreenLogic?

If so, select Configure in the lower left ..

Jim R.

Yep, that’s what I have, found it, thanks. I’ve never been in that section before. Maybe now I can also figure out how to make it so I can change the light colors on my bubblers

Thanks,

Rich

@Jimrahbe , you change the actuator valve position by moving the cam, correct?

I will have to move the cam to make the return normal off on spa return instead of the neutral 50/50 position.

making the valve a 180* turn

The suction side, keep as currently.

Thanks
Rich

Rich,

You are correct... when done, the valve should move 180 degrees... Either all the water going back to the pool or all the water going back to the spa..

In theory, the system works like this..

Pool mode.. the Intake valve sucks water from the Pool, through the pump and filter and then through the Return valve and back to the Pool..

Spa mode.. the Intake valve sucks water from the Spa, through the pump and filter and then through the Return valve and back to the Spa..

Spillover mode.. the Intake valve sucks water from the Pool, through the pump and filter and then through the Return valve and back to the Spa.. Water in and no water out causes the spa to spillover into the pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: camaju07

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.