Schedule for pool

I am NOT an expert on spas but.............I know someone that found their suits they wore in their spa was not rinsed very well after washing so the residual soap caused foaming in the spa. Just throwing this out there.

Kim

Here is my full weekly tests

Fc 7
Cc no
Ph 7.7
Ta 90
Ch 190
Csi -.23

Should I raise my ta and ch?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I personally would leave them both right where they are. Sometimes TA can be on the low side (mine is at 70) but your PH will find it's happy place (mine stays at 7.8). Hopefully yours will be similar. It's so funny how every pool is a little bit different in this way

I realized I never posted a pic of my pool. Here it is
61be5e8f73e725075c25ee1f8eb9a18e.jpg

Be aware that with those waterfall returns, the additional aeration will make your pH rise more rapidly. It's not a problem if you know it and compensate for it. As others have said, you will learn your pool. I'm 100 miles northwest of you and love to see and hear the sconces run so I always have my pump schedule at 12 hours per day, winter or summer. Makes my pH rise more rapidly, but well worth the pleasure of the sconces.

Be aware that with those waterfall returns, the additional aeration will make your pH rise more rapidly. It's not a problem if you know it and compensate for it. As others have said, you will learn your pool. I'm 100 miles northwest of you and love to see and hear the sconces run so I always have my pump schedule at 12 hours per day, winter or summer. Makes my pH rise more rapidly, but well worth the pleasure of the sconces.
Those run off a separate pump then the rest of the pool so I only have them running when swimming or taking a picture, but thnx for the heads up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you have been maintaining FC have little or no CC and the water looks like the picture I think you are fine that amount of loss does not sound excessive epically with what sounds like a long swim season and I assume you have been using the spa if not both the spa and pool. That being said no harm in being cautious and practice is always a good thing.

If you have been maintaining FC have little or no CC and the water looks like the picture I think you are fine that amount of loss does not sound excessive epically with what sounds like a long swim season and I assume you have been using the spa if not both the spa and pool. That being said no harm in being cautious and practice is always a good thing.
The only time the fc was below the recommend levels was when the pb was maintaining the pool. They turned it over to me and the fc was at 5 on 12/4.

I have never had any cc. I will go ahead and do an oclt in the next few days.

First, you have a nice, beautiful pool there jaykull! With this mild winter so far, my FC has not dropped as fast as I thought it would. I'm trying to get a metal remover into my water, so the FC needs to be low for it to work right. Even down south we get so much less sun in winter that FC loss to the sun in winter is low. Water is hanging just above 60 so keep a good eye on it.

As far as pump run time, with a one speed pump I run it totally at night because freeze protection is going to run it overnight anyway(when it's near freezing). So why not run the whole system if the pump is going to be on anyway. Works for me until I replace the pump with a VS model in the future.

Good luck and congratulations for taking control of your pool and enjoy saving the money you would have spent having others do it for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.