Scale Removal from Glass Pool Tiles

May 20, 2018
PORTAGE-MICHIGAN
I finally decided to try blasting the water line scale off my glass pool tiles - using glass beads.

It worked perfectly at the lowest air pressure possible ... but I have a small issue.

When the tiles are wet - they look like new ... when they are dry - they have a fine haze on them.

Is there a method or product I can use to "polish" them to restore the clean clear look when dry?

I have my pool drained and getting ready to refill next week so now is the perfect time to try something.

Let me know if any ideas.

ever thought about using a DA polisher like they use on a car? it's designed so it won't burn the clear coat. different colored pads are used for cutting or polishing.

you might could find someone local who details cars and they would have all the tools and polishes already.

The Oceancare Products Pool Tile Restorer - Quart Trigger Spray product was ok.

It restored about 80% of the original glass 'color" but has worn off during the summer.

I have gotten used to the loss of clean glass shine from the original look ... but will reapply the tile restorer in the spring.

it is very easy to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.