Sand filter at 0 psi?- probably a dumb question

ekmurphy

May 28, 2019
Richmond, VA
Hello all,

This is my first post so I feel compelled to give a little background - my husband and I bought our first house a little over a year ago, and it came with a ~16,000 gallon aboveground pool built into a large deck. Neither of us had ever had a pool before, so we failed pretty miserably at maintaining it last year - used it once right after the pool service opened it and then it went off-balance and stayed that way. I decided to order a Taylor test kit this year and found recommendations for this forum in the Amazon reviews, so thought I would give it a try!

I've read the posts about deep-cleaning and back washing sand filters, which I now know is what we have, so I went to go check the pressure level on the filter because the flow doesn't seem especially strong. However, the gauge is showing exactly 0 psi, and I don't know if that just means the gauge is broken or if the filter isn't working at all. I'm trying to attach a short video to demonstrate that it is making noise - and there's a very low level of vibration if you touch it - but it doesn't like my .mp4 extension.

Is there an easy way to tell, and if it is a broken gauge, is that easy to replace?

Side-notes:
1. Our pool guy supposedly backwashed it a couple days ago, so that suggests maybe it's just a broken gauge?
2. Our pool cover had a small tear in the center we didn't know about, so a lot of leaves got into the pool over the fall/winter. The guy did do some vacuuming and got a lot out, but the water is so cloudy you can't tell if there's more at the bottom right now. Currently SLAMing to resolve that.

Attachments

• 20190531_152530.jpg
    20190531_152530.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Resized_20190529_214536_1726.jpg
    Resized_20190529_214536_1726.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.