Sand and dirt

So I need to add even more chlorine?! Ok! I bought bleach and am at your graces.

How long do I need to keep it at 20? I read about it but it's a lot to absorb. I know we'll have to do the night test.

I just turned my SWG off, is that right?

Y'all are awesome, I really appreciate the help

Yes...SWG needs to be off now.

You need to keep it at 20 until all the conditions of the SLAM are met. I first would look for Clear water and see if it passes OCLT.

FC level does not effect the meter. I assume you calibrated the pH meter.
I made this assumption that there were two readings that matched up...it was high and needed correcting. I should have stated that.

Reactions: Erin 36
Okay last question for now... I shouldn't start this till tomorrow morning? Or can I go ahead and add more bleach now
No time like the present. I would get going now, it can take some time to fix...so the sooner the better. Just remember that as your chlorine is killing algae your brushing and vacuuming will be sending it to the filter...so try to keep it clean and the water should start to clear up too.

Reactions: Erin 36
This morning I've tested twice, vacuumed, cleaned cartridge (dirty), and cleaned all the filter baskets. Below are my test results from this morning prior to vacuuming and cleaning the filter.

I do have a question... The cartridge filter was pretty dirty, but my pressure had only gone up by one or one and a half PSI. I wonder why the pressure isn't increasing if the filter was dirty? Is it because it was filled with lots of sand maybe and the water was able to pass through freely? I will certainly start cleaning up more frequently now.

I plan to vacuum at least one more time today, or is that overkill? I think it's all started with the sin and mud in the bottom of the pool so I'm trying to get all that out and I get a little bit each time but nothing compared to when it first started.

Last night 8pm
CC 21.5

Today 645am
CC 20.5

Today 830am
CC 21

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One more question, my CYP was 50 when I first started. I tested it two more times since the first testing just to make sure I'm doing it right and both of those times I got 42. I initially shocked the pool with the CYP of 50, but now that I'm getting the reading of 42, should I adjust my slam FC number to 17? It was at 20.

1145 test of FC was 19.5

Thanks as always 💖

For now, let's stick with your first number (50) since you validated it twice. The recent test may have just been an odd one. But if you get close to 40 on the next test, then you can adjust the FC. FC of 16 for a CYA of 40 or FC of 20 for a CYA of 50. No need to split the differences.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.