SampleSizer - Why did I wait so long to get it?

AUSpool

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 23, 2015
Brisbane, Australia.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I’ve never seen one in action before. I thought they were a fill and tip type of thing. I’m going straight to ebay to see what I can find.

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
So here's a weird one... I think it's better than sliced bread. My wife hates it. When I showed her how great it was she replied "that's stupid". I said what do you mean? She said "look, it spills all over. It's stupid and I can't believe you paid for this!" Her friends all agree. Wow! Is this a female thing?

Last edited:

PoolBrews

Oct 16, 2019
The Villages, Florida
I love my speed stir, but am on the fence with regards to the sample sizer. I always used a bottle with a small cap that allows me to easily add water until I hit either 10 or 25ml. I purchased a sample sizer about two months ago, and while it works, I don't find it any easier to measure samples. And it does make a mess - I never spill water with my other method.

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Let me be clear I love my sample sizer and I know my wife is always right... clear as mud, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

AUSpool

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 23, 2015
Brisbane, Australia.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Its another toy thats not available to us Aussies. I did find one at ~$20 but the cheapest shipping was $45. I guess I’ll have to stick with the old fill and tip method for now.

• Sad
Reactions: jseyfert3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

AUSpool

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 23, 2015
Brisbane, Australia.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I thought I could make my own but it turns out it’s harder than I thought. I found an old tube that produced 11.5ml but I don’t use that sample size. :(

geh

Gold Supporter
Nov 28, 2020
New Orleans
@jseyfert3 Thanks, I just got the SpeedStir based on your advice in a previous thread of mine. Now I'm getting two more tubes, a SpeedSample and two more beans. No question this will make my testing go by in a couple minutes. The measuring and dumping and wrinsing take an exorbitant amount of time now that you think of it: finding a wash rag, filling in excess, using a dropper to withdraw the excess until I have the correct sample size, getting up to go to the sink or the pool each time. Its more amatter about paying a nominal amount to buy some of my time back, and I will likely test more frequently.

Reactions: jseyfert3
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.