SampleSizer - Why did I wait so long to get it?

I’ve never seen one in action before. I thought they were a fill and tip type of thing. I’m going straight to ebay to see what I can find.

So here's a weird one... I think it's better than sliced bread. My wife hates it. When I showed her how great it was she replied "that's stupid". I said what do you mean? She said "look, it spills all over. It's stupid and I can't believe you paid for this!" Her friends all agree. Wow! Is this a female thing?

Last edited:
I love my speed stir, but am on the fence with regards to the sample sizer. I always used a bottle with a small cap that allows me to easily add water until I hit either 10 or 25ml. I purchased a sample sizer about two months ago, and while it works, I don't find it any easier to measure samples. And it does make a mess - I never spill water with my other method.

Its another toy thats not available to us Aussies. I did find one at ~$20 but the cheapest shipping was $45. I guess I’ll have to stick with the old fill and tip method for now.

• Sad
Reactions: jseyfert3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I thought I could make my own but it turns out it’s harder than I thought. I found an old tube that produced 11.5ml but I don’t use that sample size. :(

@jseyfert3 Thanks, I just got the SpeedStir based on your advice in a previous thread of mine. Now I'm getting two more tubes, a SpeedSample and two more beans. No question this will make my testing go by in a couple minutes. The measuring and dumping and wrinsing take an exorbitant amount of time now that you think of it: finding a wash rag, filling in excess, using a dropper to withdraw the excess until I have the correct sample size, getting up to go to the sink or the pool each time. Its more amatter about paying a nominal amount to buy some of my time back, and I will likely test more frequently.

Reactions: jseyfert3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.