Saltwater Aurora all-resin pool build thread!

That storm was a mess! HUGE sideways winds up here! Many branches down but that is all!
I got a little concerned when I heard a big THUD. A palm branch broke off a neighbor’s tree and slammed into the wall! Glad it didn’t hit a window!

My solar lights flew out of the pool across the yard. LOL, thank goodness they stayed inside the fence. Can you imagine driving along and seeing a glowing purple ball fly past you?

That is the same size we have! Although not the same pool. We use the Hayward 21” S210T pro-series sand filter with the Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 HP. I had my husband add a vacuum line and we have a second return that flows into our wedding cake steps. We could have gotten by with a 1 HP but our 22’ rusted out Feb of last year after only a year and a half. We were lucky to find this 18 x 54 for the meantime. The pump works great if a little too big. I CAN NOT RECOMMEND NOT ADDING A SEPARATE VACUMM LINE! It’s awesome and so easy just like an IG pool. All I have to do is plug the hose in and I can run the skimmer at the same time too!

That is the same size we have! Although not the same pool. We use the Hayward 21” S210T pro-series sand filter with the Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 HP. I had my husband add a vacuum line and we have a second return that flows into our wedding cake steps. We could have gotten by with a 1 HP but our 22’ rusted out Feb of last year after only a year and a half. We were lucky to find this 18 x 54 for the meantime. The pump works great if a little too big. I CAN NOT RECOMMEND NOT ADDING A SEPARATE VACUMM LINE! It’s awesome and so easy just like an IG pool. All I have to do is plug the hose in and I can run the skimmer at the same time too!
I use a robot, prefer that to a vacuum!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@magiteck Pool Warehouse finally had a 1hp 2 speed pump/sand filter back in stock, so I grabbed it. It’s a Waterway, so if I hate it, I’m coming after you. 😂

200.gif

And once you have the low speed option, we can get you on the 24/7 routine to see how easy it is, and how well it works. You will literally kick yourself for not doing it years ago.

Reactions: kellyfair
Y’all reckon I scared @magiteck ?

I can’t vouch specifically for Waterway’s sand filters, so that’s going to be my excuse if you don’t like it. 🤣

The pump should be great though. I’ve had mine running 24/7 on low since I opened the pool a few weeks ago- it’s so quiet I forget it’s even on when I’m working outside and have to go check when I remember!! Once I’m not worried about random night freezes I’ll set my timer to only run it during daylight - hoping to maximize circulation when the sun is shining.

And in all seriousness I’m pretty confident you’ll like the filter too. ;)

Nah. He had a red solo cup too many and needed a nap.

Hey now! 🤣 I took the week off this week to work on my deck - been out busting my behind on that. I hope to have the framing done tomorrow, framing inspection Thursday, and start the decking this weekend pending approval. If my body holds up through all this that is.

More pics to come soon in my thread for that build.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.