Saltwater Aurora all-resin pool build thread!

Believe it or not, we’re a few weeks early for me to jump in... I like the water at least 88 degrees!
Oh yeah. You’ve said it before that you prefer it where I consider it swimming in soup. (Fresh off the stove). :laughblue:

But it’s a good thing because your pool will be soup either way so at least you love it like it is !!

• Haha
Reactions: kellyfair
SO close!!! LOVE the liner! That is so pretty!! Betting it is full this morning! Hoping the fixes all hold!

I chickened out of leaving water on over night - it was at the return when I turned off! It is raining now, but I’ll turn back on in a bit!

Reactions: Mdragger88
@Newdude , here you go, pollen and debris tossed in for free.

I need to get some landscaping in around it, including some places to stand where i can see over the edge without being on tip toes! This thing is tall!

We’re almost to the moment of truth, when the water level hits the return and skimmer.

View attachment 177711

I have a large log near mine so i can stand comfortably & pour stuff in / brush it around. It was laying in the yard unsplit - i have decided it’s part of my landscaping now 😁

It’s still sprinkling out, so not easy to spot, but I think I do have at least one slow leak on return side. Will investigate further this afternoon.

Definitely a slow drip at return. My fault, I was rushing to get done by dark and I couldn't find my tube of pool lube so I went without it. Going to have my daughter pick up some on her way home from work.

I haven’t turned water back on yet. May as well hit all the connections while I am at it, and this way I only have to block the turn for a few minutes to prevent a deluge.

Congratulations! Your pool can be my pool’s younger and larger sibling!
Your liner is beautiful! I would have loved that one, but my installer recommended the Uni-bead, and there was only one design to choose from. I poked around online a bit, but I didn't see much variety available in 27' and 54", so just went with what The Pool Factory had :)

That’s a shame - it was available in unibead for my size pool! But yours is going to look amazing - I cannot wait to see your install!

Just, do NOT let them glue the hose barb into the skimmer! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: BowserWowser
I would have loved that one, but my installer recommended the Uni-bead, and there was only one design to choose from.
I have yet to see one pool in person that I did not love. The solid colors are timeless. (Yes, even the windex). The patterns are all uniquely beautiful. Are the Intex squares a bit played out ?? Yes. But they chose that patter for a reason. It looks lovely the first umpteen times you see it.

You’ll love whatever it is Bowser. I always say they are like puppies. It’s all but impossible not to love that one over there even when he isn’t ‘your breed’. Just LOOK at him with his little puppy kibble breath. Giving puppy kibble breath kisses. That breed is my breed now too !!

Reactions: BowserWowser

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Definitely a slow drip at return. My fault, I was rushing to get done by dark and I couldn't find my tube of pool lube so I went without it. Going to have my daughter pick up some on her way home from work.

I haven’t turned water back on yet. May as well hit all the connections while I am at it, and this way I only have to block the turn for a few minutes to prevent a deluge.

Hey, at least the MacGyver job on the skimmer is holding it sounds like?? :)

Well, that was sheer comedy gold. i discovered I cannot reach the return from outside the pool! So in order to cram a plastic bag in the eye so I can disconnect hose and use the pool lube, I had to stack two pavers and stand on tiptoes on top of them. So, I do this, disconnect hose at both ends, apply lube, and reattach - then climb back on my homemade step to remove plastic bag. The hose connection at the pool feels dry - yay! But the one at the pump isn’t dripping slow, it’s a trickle, which made no sense because it wasn’t leaking at all before! So I’m feeling under it going “what the heck” and in the ever encroaching darkness I spot... the o-ring! Yes, somehow i dropped it without noticing. So after a few more exclamations of “golly gee!“ I clean the mud off, climb back on my pavers, cram the bag in again, remove the hose connection to pump, re-lube and this time with o-ring firmly in place, reattached hose. Back on the pavers, remove the bag, hold my breath... and no dripping! Yay!

by this time I could only see well enough to lube the skimmer to hose connection, and that hose to pump connection seemed to be dry so I left it alone.

Water is back on, and we’ll see what happens when the water gets up into the skimmer. If it leaks, it will just have to leak, because I’m working at the office tomorrow and Friday, and gone most of the day on Saturday!

Reactions: Newdude

No idea! I turned the water off before it got to the skimmer last night. I was afraid to leave it unattended. Then when I saw the drip at the return this morning, I left it until I finished the work day.

Sorry, Mag... the skimmer connection is leaking. 😡 And not just a drip, but a trickle. It is coming from where the two pieces of the new part connect, not from the threads. It may be that I didn’t sand my hatchet job smoothly enough. At any rate, water is off, and the trickle will keep trickling until I can get to it Sunday. I’ll block skimmer (if I need to, water level is barely above bottom of skimmer now) and check it out. I may need an additional o-ring or gasket to make a watertight fit. We’ll see. But I don’t have much confidence that when there is actually water pressure, it will all hold.

I think I may have to replace the skimmer. 😡

Last edited:
I'm wondering if you can't passively heat up the fitting in the skimmer to soften the glue enough to unscrew it. If you are thinking of replacing the skimmer anyway it could be worth a shot. Heat some pebbles in the oven in a metal baking pan so they are good and hot. Seal up the bottom of the sawed off fitting by clamping a rag to the outside of it and fill the fitting with hot pebbles. Let them sit about 15 minutes and use an oil filter wrench to try and loosen the fitting. Let the skimmer cool before testing the new fitting if you are successful removing the formerly barbed one.

I'm wondering if you can't passively heat up the fitting in the skimmer to soften the glue enough to unscrew it. If you are thinking of replacing the skimmer anyway it could be worth a shot. Heat some pebbles in the oven in a metal baking pan so they are good and hot. Seal up the bottom of the sawed off fitting by clamping a rag to the outside of it and fill the fitting with hot pebbles. Let them sit about 15 minutes and use an oil filter wrench to try and loosen the fitting. Let the skimmer cool before testing the new fitting if you are successful removing the formerly barbed one.

That’s an intriguing idea... but there’s nothing left of the sawed off bit to grip... it is flush with the bottom of the larger threaded bit on the skimmer.

Visibly it looks legit, but when I google the specs on it- it appears to be 1.5mip x 1.5fip - meaning it’s designed to screw into the inside (where the barb was glued) and not to fit over the outside. :(

I realize I am very late to the pool party.

I am wondering if this is the adapter that would work for you.

This reminds me of The Intex hoses and the wacky threads.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.