Saltwater Aurora all-resin pool build thread!

*chanting louder than last time*
build thread
build thread
build thread

I‘ll keep everything here in this thread so it doesn’t get annoying. 😂

I’ll be working from home that day so hopefully I can watch obsessively. My daughter will be here that day as well!

It‘s in my signature! I should link to it... let me check.

Yep, it’s linked!
Oops I meant @jseyfert3

EDIT: Disregard my comment!!! I read your post thinking it was @jseyfert3 getting a new pool for some reason. I’m a dummy and need to put my contacts in lol

@kellyfair Question.... since we both ordered 18’ round AGPs online, I figured you may be able to help me with this. When it arrived, how big was the packaging? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m storing it in my garage until spring so I am curious just how much space it’s going to take up. In my order confirmation email, it says it weighs 438 lbs but I’m curious how it comes packaged, if that makes sense? We have a deep two-car garage with only one car in it (my husband’s “toy” that he absolutely will NOT park outside for a pool). Do you think it would fit in the empty parking space next to the other car (it’s a Corvette 🙄). I only have experience with my Intex which weighed literally half of this pool lol. I did not order any additional equipment for the pool from The Pool Factory other than the liner floor pad. Everything else will be ordered separately. Thanks in advance!!!!

Anyone else can chime in too if they’ve ordered an AGP (non-Intex type) and had to store it before installation !!

Last edited:
Oops I meant @jseyfert3

EDIT: Disregard my comment!!! I read your post thinking it was @jseyfert3 getting a new pool for some reason. I’m a dummy and need to put my contacts in lol
Ha! I just got our pool up June of last year. No way I’m replacing it already! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: thefloatqueen
We have a three car garage with the third (shorter) stall filled with gardening/landscaping stuff, misc junk, a push mower, a riding mower, two snowblowers, and two big rolling garbage/recycling bins. There's not much room to move around over there. If I remember correctly, our 28 ft went in that stall with minimal shoving of other stuff towards the walls, and without taking the cars out of the other two stalls. Maybe we put the garbage/recycling bins out? The parts were packed well, keeping the boxes pretty compact for how much was in there. I remember wondering if they forgot a box, but except for the solar cover, it was all in there.

Reactions: Newdude
@kellyfair Question.... since we both ordered 18’ round AGPs online, I figured you may be able to help me with this. When it arrived, how big was the packaging? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m storing it in my garage until spring so I am curious just how much space it’s going to take up. In my order confirmation email, it says it weighs 438 lbs but I’m curious how it comes packaged, if that makes sense? We have a deep two-car garage with only one car in it (my husband’s “toy” that he absolutely will NOT park outside for a pool). Do you think it would fit in the empty parking space next to the other car (it’s a Corvette 🙄). I only have experience with my Intex which weighed literally half of this pool lol. I did not order any additional equipment for the pool from The Pool Factory other than the liner floor pad. Everything else will be ordered separately. Thanks in advance!!!!

Anyone else can chime in too if they’ve ordered an AGP (non-Intex type) and had to store it before installation !!

Huge. It’s on a pallet, shrink wrapped so if you leave it like that it takes up a half parking space. If you break down the pallet it’s in several boxes, long but not wide. We broke down the pallet so we could maneuver, but if I had a spot large enough to spare under shelter AND a way to move the pallet we would have left it until installation. I’m sure it will fit in your garage, from what you describe.

Some of the boxes I could slide, but not lift. Too heavy!

@thefloatqueen , when is your delivery?

I got a call the day before to confirm delivery window, and was supposed to get a call when driver was 30 minutes away. Nope, he showed up in my driveway without warning! He was going to just drop it off at street but I talked him into moving it closer to my carport.

@thefloatqueen , when is your delivery?

I got a call the day before to confirm delivery window, and was supposed to get a call when driver was 30 minutes away. Nope, he showed up in my driveway without warning! He was going to just drop it off at street but I talked him into moving it closer to my carport.
I am wondering the same!! Haven’t even received a shipment notification. I’m really worried because we have a LONG driveway and still some snow on it. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I paid the $39 extra for the “lift gate” service. Does it even make much of a difference? I’m going to try to convince them to move the truck a little closer. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I’ve been freaking out all week lol

I am wondering the same!! Haven’t even received a shipment notification. I’m really worried because we have a LONG driveway and still some snow on it. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I paid the $39 extra for the “lift gate” service. Does it even make much of a difference? I’m going to try to convince them to move the truck a little closer. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I’ve been freaking out all week lol

Yes, the lift gate service makes a big difference. Without it I would have had to take the pallet off the truck myself... and there is no earthly way I could have done it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your delivery is likely impacted by weather. No snow here!
GOOD!!!!! I actually was going to call and see if they could delay it purposely until next week since temps will be above freezing and it gives me more time to clear out junk and make room in the garage. I just hope it isn’t going to be right up against DH’s beloved car. 🙄 I would NEVER hear the end of it lol

Not yet! Calling them tomorrow. I’m actually in no rush honestly. Need to clear out some more space in the garage. Gosh I’m so nervous about how much room it’s going to take up. 🤦🏻‍♀️

It isn’t as big as a car, so you should be fine! Pallet is gone, or I would measure it for you.

Just got quoted $1,000 to install an outdoor outlet where I want it. Yikes! Will definitely be getting more quotes.
I’m going to call tomorrow and ask for dimensions. I believe they need the dimensions when they ship it? Plus I’d like to have an idea of when to expect it to arrive, although I’m in no hurry! I’m just glad I secured my pool! Now I’m already contacting installers before the wait lists get crazy!

I’m going to call tomorrow and ask for dimensions. I believe they need the dimensions when they ship it? Plus I’d like to have an idea of when to expect it to arrive, although I’m in no hurry! I’m just glad I secured my pool! Now I’m already contacting installers before the wait lists get crazy!

Good plan. Our season begins earlier here, and my installer said he was booked out to end of April, but had a cancellation and my install is “easy” so they were able to fit me in.

Last edited:
I have these steps, and I just took the two sections apart so I can drain any water out of the side that was in the pool. GROSS!! Green slimy water - ick! Will be thoroughly cleaning them before use in new pool, and I may have to drill a few holes to allow better circulation.

729F528C-9719-4916-8A29-0C80423A2FA1.jpeg

Get as many pics as you can for spring SLAM season if you haven’t cleaned the stairs already. It will help hammer the point home when they don’t want to take out the stairs but the algae keeps coming back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.