Saltwater 5000 (Pool Fsctory) vs Saltwater Destiny (Royal)??

Ebburns

Jun 28, 2020
Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
First off I want to say that this forum has been a lifesaver!! I'm trying to decide between these two pools. I'm going to convert to Salt water after my first season as this first season I can't afford to get that part going. I've read a ton and the suggestions about getting resin with the longevity of use with SWG but I can't understand by both pool spec descriptions if the actual pool wall is resin. The Royal Pools version is like $300 more so pretty close in price. I want it to last and make the investment once so if you experts could read the specs to tell me if the Saltwater 5000 wall is resin too that would save me a little money.

Here are the links:

I'd like to pull the trigger today because I don't want it to go out of stock.

Thanks!!

I can’t speak for either pool, but I recently ordered my new pool from The Pool Factory and the experience was seamless! They have amazing customer service and delivery was a breeze (definitely pay the $39 fee for lift gate service!!! It is so worth it). I do not have the Saltwater pool from TPF but I believe @kellyfair does, so she may be able to assist.

EDIT: Nvm, she has the Saltwater Aurora (I just saw her signature). But she is still super nice and helpful haha

Last edited:
I can’t speak for either pool, but I recently ordered my new pool from The Pool Factory and the experience was seamless! They have amazing customer service and delivery was a breeze (definitely pay the $39 fee for lift gate service!!! It is so worth it). I do not have the Saltwater pool from TPF but I believe @kellyfair does, so she may be able to assist.

EDIT: Nvm, she has the Saltwater Aurora (I just saw her signature). But she is still super nice and helpful haha

Awwwww! Thank you!

Yep, I bought the Aurora. I wanted as much resin as possible because here in Florida with constant humidity, rust is an issue! The only metal on the pool is the connector strip that attaches the two wall ends together.

It’s beautiful- just installed Wednesday and I’m chomping at the bit to play with bonding and plumbing this weekend!

By the way, paying installer to level ground and put pool up, leaving plumbing to me - worth more than I paid! They literally had to excavate buried concrete blocks that I had no idea were there, and didn’t even charge me extra!

Oh no! That Aurora is surely going to be out of our price range. I really hate to spend this money twice though. So since they are both "saltwater friendly/approved" I wonder what the expected life would be.

We have several people that have the Saltwater pool (the one with Saltwater in title) and they are happy. As long as you protect the wall from scratches and dings, it should last you a good long time. I’m going to try to find someone that has one and get them to come here and testify!

Hey guys for those of you that chimed in so far I really appreciate it!! I decided to really pull back and bought the Summer Waves 14' x 48" (basket weave lookalike) since I wasn't sure which of the more expensive ones to go with just yet.

It would be so awesome to get 2/3ish summers from this thing but obviously we won't do a SWG unless I hear there are some here that think I can pull that off next summer and not have the pool get eat up super quick. I got relatively good last year at taking care of my little easy set I had except for those filters are GARBAGE!! The white sock on the inlet and over the cartridge filter was like having 2 filters!! I tried something called the slime bag and it was useless... dumped everything tiny particle back into the pool. Hopefully this new pool gives me some sort of way to get it vacuumed.

Anyway I'd still love to hear from any who have the two in the title and saltwater doesn't ruin it in 5-10 years.

Signed,
The pool lady that never thought she'd be a pool lady 😁😀

With most of the temporary pools the main thing u have to worry about w/ corrosion is scratching the coating when putting it together - if this happens re coat it w/ a good paint immediately. Also the rails are hollow & most don’t have any powder coating on the inside so when water goes in it doesn’t come out & voila- rust!
several threads here showing people taping the joints to prevent this. They are designed to be temporary & this shows in their construction although many members here have had theirs up for several years w/ swg’s & no issues. W/ the summer waves you can use the intex sand filters, pumps & swg’s w/ a little adaptation. There’s lots of threads on here. I did for 3 seasons until I upgraded to a permanent above ground.
I wouldn’t give up my swg if u paid me 🤣🤣 except maybe to use the $$ & buy a bigger one 😁
U can use this time to save up for that Aurora! I bet by the time you’re ready to purchase there will be many more full resin choices.

Reactions: Ebburns

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ditto what mdragger said. Get 2-3 years out of the seasonal pool, maybe work on upgrading equipment, then you’ll have it when you upgrade to a permanent pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.