Saltron Mini Review

Bosley

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2018
Edmonton, alberta
For all the people who ask about the saltron mini for their hot tub, here is my experience. We bought ours in August of 2019. Set it all up and worked great. We have the setting at 7 and for our tub it maintains the chlorine levels perfectly. About once a month we add muriatic acid to lower the PH. Other than that we change the water about 3 times per year. The cell finally gave up the ghost on Dec 26. Ordered a replacement and 2 days later we were back up and running. Original cost was $400. Replacement cell was $200 and it lasted a total of 16 months. Very inexpensive especially considering I don't have to even think about maintenance on the water levels.
At first I checked the levels almost daily until I knew it was working well and my settings were correct. After that i tested once a week. Now I test about every 2 weeks and every single time my readings are the same. If you are tired of hauling bleach everyday, I highly recommend you make the switch. We did get a bit of rust on 1 stainless steel ring but that's all and I contribute that to simply bad stainless in that 1 section.

We love our Saltron Mini as well , as a matter of fact just ran all of our water tests , and of coarse its perfect with the Saltron Mini running the show .
Switched over from a Stenner system I was using on the hot tub, and I couldn't be happier . Nothing against the Stenner , if was rock solid , I just grew tired of the liquid chlorine. I changed the pool over to a Circupool RJ60 (also running a Stenner) , and after a whole 2020 season of perfect results , I bit the bullet and got a Saltron Mini for the tub . LOVE IT ! The salt addition is SO minimal , I really cant even tell the difference there is salt in the water .
I have it hooked up to a smart timer and run it 8 hours a day , 4 in the middle of the day, and 4 in the middle of the night (400g tub) . I try to time it with the filtration cycles to get some good water flow while the Saltron is running (prob doesnt matter) .
We also have it hooked up to the center of our hot tub cover so we dont have to manually remove it from the tub every time we use it . When we raise the hot tub cover , the Saltron just lifts out with the cover. When we close the hot tub cover, it just drops back down in the center of the tub about 1'-2' down in the water. Works like a charm , and requires no effort . Very safe as well incase someone uses the tub and doesnt realize to remove the Saltron during use (for safety) .
Here are some pictures .......
uBEedim%RRCkd18C0umYuQ.jpg

zH3rDP1qRYqe6KyJtbJM3A.jpg

Bottom line - we LOVE our Saltron Mini , its been perfect for us.

Last edited:
I love mine too! Just had to replace the cell myself- ordered direct from saltron & it was $119 usd - not sure what the conversion rate is to canadian$ is.
I too have a tiny spot on one of my rings (on my next drain i will try some naval jelly) but after it appeared I checked all my parameters & realized i had no cya & i was running the fc pretty high (around 8-10). Now i keep a tighter tab on that since we have alot of splashout with suits in such a small tub & have to replenish h2o often.

Reactions: waterl0gged
Just looked up when i first purchased my unit & the cell lasted 19 months.
So that comes out to about $6.30 a month to not have to worry about my chlorine getting low. Well worth it indeed! I run mine 4-6 hrs a day depending on use. I use a timer so it comes on periodically 3 or 4 times a day . I feel like it maintains the same level that way. Then if i have a long soak i can just push the button again & not worry about bleach without messing up my settings or having to remember to turn it back up.

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. We are waiting on our tub delivery, a few more months, and I’ve been thinking about using something like this on it. Any of y’all worry about corrosion on any of the components such as the heater? Maybe y’all have titanium heaters.

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. We are waiting on our tub delivery, a few more months, and I’ve been thinking about using something like this on it. Any of y’all worry about corrosion on any of the components such as the heater? Maybe y’all have titanium heaters.
To be honest- I have no idea what my heater is made of but if it craps out I will just replace it. I keep my ph well balanced so I’m not too worried.

Reactions: walkinpool
We have had zero corrosion issues . To tell you the truth , I cant really even tell its a saltwater tub , if I didn't know first hand that I put the salt in it myself . The salt concentration is so low it negligable. Its nothing like the ocean like some people think .
Our tub is brand new and has a very common Balboa M7 heater assy. , that is very easy to get too and/or replace if needed. I will cross that bridge when I come to it, but I do not for see any issues arising due to the very low salt concentration in the water .
I try to keep my alkalinity and PH balanced good (although I do have the common PH high drift which is normal in hot tubs ) . If there is anything in a hot tub that is going to ruin a hot tub heater , it will be PH balance more than a minuscule amount of salt in the water . Just my 2c .

We love our Saltron Mini as well , as a matter of fact just ran all of our water tests , and of coarse its perfect with the Saltron Mini running the show .
Switched over from a Stenner system I was using on the hot tub, and I couldn't be happier . Nothing against the Stenner , if was rock solid , I just grew tired of the liquid chlorine. I changed the pool over to a Circupool RJ60 (also running a Stenner) , and after a whole 2020 season of perfect results , I bit the bullet and got a Saltron Mini for the tub . LOVE IT ! The salt addition is SO minimal , I really cant even tell the difference there is salt in the water .
I have it hooked up to a smart timer and run it 8 hours a day , 4 in the middle of the day, and 4 in the middle of the night (400g tub) . I try to time it with the filtration cycles to get some good water flow while the Saltron is running (prob doesnt matter) .
We also have it hooked up to the center of our hot tub cover so we dont have to manually remove it from the tub every time we use it . When we raise the hot tub cover , the Saltron just lifts out with the cover. When we close the hot tub cover, it just drops back down in the center of the tub about 1'-2' down in the water. Works like a charm , and requires no effort . Very safe as well incase someone uses the tub and doesnt realize to remove the Saltron during use (for safety) .
Here are some pictures .......
View attachment 172197

View attachment 172198

Bottom line - we LOVE our Saltron Mini , its been perfect for us.

I've been contemplating a Saltron Mini for a while now. One of my hesitations was that I didn't want something dangling into the hot tub that i had to remove and then replace after using the tub. Don't know why I didn't think of attaching it to the underside of the cover. Great idea! Thanks!

I never remove mine. Just as i swim in my pool with the swg running. I am just mindful not to lick the cell while its on 🤣🤣
On another note some people have room in their filter compartment to put it. I do not

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For all the people who ask about the saltron mini for their hot tub, here is my experience. We bought ours in August of 2019. Set it all up and worked great. We have the setting at 7 and for our tub it maintains the chlorine levels perfectly. About once a month we add muriatic acid to lower the PH. Other than that we change the water about 3 times per year. The cell finally gave up the ghost on Dec 26. Ordered a replacement and 2 days later we were back up and running. Original cost was $400. Replacement cell was $200 and it lasted a total of 16 months. Very inexpensive especially considering I don't have to even think about maintenance on the water levels.
At first I checked the levels almost daily until I knew it was working well and my settings were correct. After that i tested once a week. Now I test about every 2 weeks and every single time my readings are the same. If you are tired of hauling bleach everyday, I highly recommend you make the switch. We did get a bit of rust on 1 stainless steel ring but that's all and I contribute that to simply bad stainless in that 1 section.
Morning Bosley, Jesse here reaching out from Calgary. Curious where you found your Mini Replacement cell?

I think i ordered my replacement cell directly through the solaxx website- it was the cheapest at the time. They are based out of florida so not sure if they ship to canada 🇨🇦.
Spa depot sells them also - its where I bought my original unit. I have bought things from there several times.
I think they may do canadian shipping as there are reviews from canada on there.

SWG are amazing in a hot tub. I have the Watkins Freshwater Salt system in my Caldera tub, and once i got the tub flushed with Ahhsome, it has been amazing( was having problems with chlorine demand initially due to dirty dirty pipes ).. If I didn't have the built in I would 100% go with the Saltron mini too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.