Salt Water Reading is Low

gf gh yxxnj

May 12, 2024
I have an Aquarite salt water generator. The salt water reading is coming in at 400. I've tested the water and the reading is around 2900. I've cleaned out the salt cell, replaced the thermistor and still no improvement in the salt reading.

Here are the Aquarite measurements.

38p
Al-4
r 1.58
C - 15
26.6 (when generating chlorine), 31.6 (when chlorine turned off)
1.41(when generating chlorine), 0 (when chlorine turned off)

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1095.jpeg
    IMG_1095.jpeg
    519.5 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to TFP.

How old is your cell?

I suspect you cell is depleted. Bring your cell into a pool store who has Hayward test equipment and see what they say.

I tested the cell at home by sticking it in a bucket of water and turning on the SWG. The salt water reading in the bucket was 8210 after I added a bunch of salt. The reading on the Aquarite read 1800. Chlorine did generate after the SWG kicked on. You can see this in the bucket with the cloudy/bubbly water. I hate to spend $900 on a new T Cell 15 if its still producing chlorine. I've only had this aftermarket cell for 3 years. https://lesliespool.com/replacement-salt-cell-with-15-foot-cable---40000-gallons/81388.html.

Does it make sense that this cell is still bad? Anything else I can test? Perhaps the circuit board is bad?

Attachments

• IMG_1096.jpeg
    IMG_1096.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 1
Oh, its an aftermarket cell. Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment so we can give you the correct advice without going down dead ends.

I tested the cell at home by sticking it in a bucket of water and turning on the SWG. The salt water reading in the bucket was 8210 after I added a bunch of salt. The reading on the Aquarite read 1800. Chlorine did generate after the SWG kicked on. You can see this in the bucket with the cloudy/bubbly water. I hate to spend $900 on a new T Cell 15 if its still producing chlorine. I've only had this aftermarket cell for 3 years. https://lesliespool.com/replacement-salt-cell-with-15-foot-cable---40000-gallons/81388.html.

Does it make sense that this cell is still bad? Anything else I can test? Perhaps the circuit board is bad?

Yes, it still makes sense your cell is bad.

You loaded up the bucked with 3X the recommended salt levels and barely got the Aquarite to read a normal salt level. That is the behavior of a failed cell.

Read Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading