Salt water generator for AGP

Jun 6, 2017
Matawan/NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey guys...with the current shortage of bleach I'm considering a salt water generator for my AGP.

I'm looking for recommendations from anyone who has converted to salt water.. brand and model.
Also I do not have rigid piping in my setup. All the piping is flexible so not sure if this would even be feasible.

Thanks again guys!

Steel frames will rust no matter what you do. Not having a SWG does not prevent steel frames from rusting. Every time you add liquid chlorine to the pool you add salt.

You just need the right fittings to make secure connections.

Reactions: splashpad
I installed a CircuPool EDGE-25 on my 11k gallon AGP just about a month ago. My system is all hoses also, the only hard pipe I have is the ~5" manifold between my pump and filter. I just had to add an additional hose between the heater and the return. The cell itself is sitting on a couple of patio blocks. I had intended to build a stand for it, but this setup is actually working just fine.

Absolutely love it, should have done this years ago. In the past 3+ weeks I've added....nothing. I still check FC every other day or so, but it's always exactly the same.

My pool was already rusted all to **** before I installed the SWG (top caps mostly).

You would need a larger cell than me. The EDGE-40 would be an appropriate size if you decided to go the same route.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.