salt test kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should get a TF-100 test kit which will give you *accurate* readings for FC, CC, pH, TA, CH, CYA. Then for the salt aspect you need the separate K-1766 Salt test kit.

Bot are available thru www.tftestkits.net

There are *no* better testers are the market than those two. Both use Taylor reagents (the standard reagent manufacturer for pool kits).

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: MyAZPool
To follow TFP methods you need either a TF-100 or K2006c and a K1766 (salt test kit).

The TF-100 has more of the reagents we use and is a better value - over the K2006c. Both kits use Taylor reagents.

Check this out - Test Kits Compared

K-2005 is lacking the FAS/DPD chlorine test or the salt test. The K-2005 is not adequate for TFPC Methods.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is what the manufacture is telling me the K-2005-SALT test kit will measure. Does't this include everything that I need?
Complete™ kit for Chlorine/Bromine, pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, CYA, Salt (DPD) (.75 oz bottles)

No, it lacks the FAS/DPD Chlorine test. The K2006 includes a chlorine test, the FAS-DPD that has a color change to indicate chlorine level rather than the color matching test. The FAS-DPD has a very high test range so it can be used when higher Cl levels are needed such as with the SLAM Process. And iot lets you test for CCs.

You can buy the FAS/DPD CL test separately ...

Can i just whine that its a waste of time shopping around when we've told you the kit that you need? And the places that you can buy it?

The 2006 kit contains a chlorine tester that goes up to 50ppm and provides both FC and CC, and you end with an exact number value..the 2005 kit does not have that, and the only way to test that kit for chlorine (only TF, not FC/CC) is via color matching and is subjective.

Can i just whine that its a waste of time shopping around when we've told you the kit that you need? And the places that you can buy it?

The 2006 kit contains a chlorine tester that goes up to 50ppm and provides both FC and CC, and you end with an exact number value..the 2005 kit does not have that, and the only way to test that kit for chlorine (only TF, not FC/CC) is via color matching and is subjective.
YippeeSkippy, can I just whine back at you. It is a waste of my time to read comments from rude people, so please do not ever reply back to me again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.