Salt still high. When to replace salt cell.

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
Too follow up on my post from Friday where I mistakenly added salt before realizing that I was getting an erroneous reading from my AquaRite due to cell failure. We have been draining and refilling the pool since Friday. Getting the water down to the tile line, refilling and then doing it again via siphoning. I've been able to get the level from 5600 to 4400 ppm.
At what point can we install the new cell (same size as the old one) to see if the high salt light comes on? It's my understanding that it's actually high amps that will trigger the light? (current diagnostics says amps are at zero) If we install the new cell and the high salt warning comes on can we just turn it off and continue with the drain and refill or would we have to remove the new cell and put the old one back in?

If we install the new cell and the high salt warning comes on can we just turn it off and continue with the drain and refill or would we have to remove the new cell and put the old one back in?
Correct. Go ahead and install the new cell. Turn it off if the high salt alarms and/or the amps are above 7.

Get the salinity to low 3000's before continuous operation.

Correct. Go ahead and install the new cell. Turn it off if the high salt alarms and/or the amps are above 7.

No high salt light but the amps are at 7.35. Would my high water temperature have any affect? It’s so hot here and my pool is 92 degrees.

What is the danger of running it once the amps drop below 7 even if my salt level is in the high 3000’s?

Amps are what matter. The electronics in the controller are known to fail quicker at amps above 7.

I would do a few more drain/refills and see if you can get the amps below 7.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.