Jersey Girl

Mar 28, 2022
North West Mississippi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hi everyone, here we go. With a old salt cell replaced with a new one, the salt test strip is reading 3910, the actual reading on the diagnostic panel 2100. It is also reading inspect cell and check salt. I am at a loss. Please help if you can. I took a sample to Leslie’s and I purchased all the chemicals I needed but the first step is to get the salt at the correct reading.

Welcome to the forum!
Can you tell us what Brand and Model of SWCG you have? Any diagnostic data. Also, if you have a more accurate method of testing the salinity. Strips are not the best.
I suggest you read through Pool School - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Welcome to the forum!
Can you tell us what Brand and Model of SWCG you have? Any diagnostic data. Also, if you have a more accurate method of testing the salinity. Strips are not the best.
I suggest you read through Pool School - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
I will read through and get back to you. It might be awhile due to short term memory loss. Might have to read it several times before I can comprehend it.
Thanks again

Woah, you guys really know your stuff! I reset the diagnostic panel and everything seemed to fall into place. The strips and panel reading are the almost same 39I0 strip3000 panel. The total chlorine and free chlorine are very low. I will wait until after tomorrow when down here in the south we’re expecting 100% rain all day I’m sure I will have to remove some water😏
I will adjust from there.
I want to thank you for your time and patience with me and helping me learn more about my pool🤗

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.