Clovis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
We just had our SWG start up last week for my 10,000 gallon pool. The pool builder company came and added salt. I just did my first salt test (Taylor TF-100 salt kit) and it’s showing 4400ppm. Too high I know, but is it dangerously high? Will this go down over time? Here are my readings:

Ph 7.6
FC 8
CC 0
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 50

Regarding CYA, it was 50 last week (too low for SWG) so I added dry stabilizer (sock method in front of return) to raise to 70. Tested today and still 50. Is the salt addition messing with my CYA levels?

I would give it a week and then test the salinity. If the SWCG is happy, all good. I doubt it will go down as you are not likely to get overflow from rain anytime in the future.

The salt does not mess with the CYA test. The 50 ppm level is fine for this time of year. Test it again in a week or two.

What's okay will be in the SWG manual. If you don't have one, check manufacturer and manuals libraries via Google for brand+model. (Consider filling out your signature with all equipment to help people help you.)

Most SWGs will shut themselves down if the water's conductivity (due to salt) gets too high. The danger if that doesn't happen is frying the cell's power supply and other parts.

Reactions: KeriCarter
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.