Salt Level

Nov 25, 2014
Carriere
The Instant Salinity level on my SwimPure Plus will only read for a few min after system starts, it then reads "0". Has anyone had this issue and how was it solved? The salt level is good and the system is generating.

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Welcome to TFP!

The instant salt reading only shows non-zero when the cell is active. The cell cycles on and off based on the percentage setting, so what you describe sounds normal as long as the percentage isn't set to 100%.

Nov 25, 2014
Carriere
The % is 35. I guess I'm a little confused. It was my understanding that the unit is generating if the generating light is on and it is on all the time unless there is a problem. If what you are telling me is correct, then in the past when I have looked at it I have just been looking at the right time to see the Instant Salinity. The manual says nothing about that. But that is not unusual.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Well what we are telling you is correct ;)

You can always set the % to 100 and force it to generate if you want to check it.

Nov 25, 2014
Carriere
OK, I did check and yes it works as you said it would. It was showing Instant Salinity at 100%. Thanks for the info and saving me a lot of time trouble shooting. I wish the book had said that.