Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello Friends,
I have read a couple Fourm discussions and want to confirm what I think I have read. Yesterday my pool temp was 70 degrees Fahrenheit and my salt levels were 2000 steady after 3 tests. We've had some heavy rains this season and I haven't added any salt for a couple years. The reading dosen't seem out of line. So I added 5 40lbs bags of salt. 4 hours later I did a salt check (I know 24 hrs is going to be more accurate, just checked for the heck of it) and got a 3200 reading. I left the pump running all night and did a test in the morning. My reading is now 1700. Hmmm. Ok, so now the water temp is 65 degrees. Seems from what I'm reading that this will affect my salt readings. But THAT much? Obviously I won't add any more salt, and just wait till it gets warmer to achieve a more accurate salt result. Just wanna see if the group think concurs with my assessment or see if I'm missing something.

Thanks

Water temperature will not effect the K1766 salt test. I assume that is what you are using?

I'm using the Taylor K-2006 Complete (FAS-DPD chlorine) Kit. It's what I learned on so I'm comfortable with it.

Ok, thank you guys! It's early, I haven't had coffee yet. It just took me typing my testing steps down for you to realize I forgot to multiply the the drops by two. 17x2=3400. Doh, much better. Thank you as always for your time and patience. I'm going to stick my head in the pool now, lol.

Mike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.