Salt Level 0 on Easy Touch Panel After Cleaning IC40

LakeLifeDave

Nov 24, 2020
Dadeville, Alabama
Our pool was installed about a year and half ago and I acid cleaned the IC40 for the first time a few days ago. I'd never done this before, but after watching a few You Tube videos I decided to give it a try. I turned off the breakers on the Easy Touch panel and disconnected the cable from the IC40 before I took the IC40 off. After I reinstalled the IC40, reconnected the cable and turned the breakers back on the EZ Touch panel shows the salt level is 0. I had a hard time getting the 4 pin connector from the IC40 lined up with the socket on the EZ Touch and I'm wondering if I got it on there wrong the first time. When I saw the 0 salt reading I turned the main breaker in the power panel off and removed and reconnected the cable and I'm 95% sure it's on right now. Could something have been damaged if I had the cable connected wrong at first that would cause the 0 salt reading?

Dave,

This is a known problem with the IntelliChlor.. I doubt you did anything wrong.

Since the cell is less than 2 years old, I suggest that you call your pool builder or Pentair and have them fix it.

When the salt level reads zero it just means that the real reading is not making it from the cell to the EasyTouch.

As long as the salt light on the cell is green, it means the cell is still working fine, you just don't see the salt level on the ET.

Is the red low salt light on the cell on, or is it green?

If you can tell the cell to change percent from the EasyTouch, and the percent numbers on the cell change, it means the plug is on correctly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited: