Okay--up to a solid 5 FC (practically no CC). We'll see how it looks in the morning.

Still haven't got an opinion if the odd interation should prevent swimming?

Throwing out a silly ideas because I'm stumped:
  • Is my water is highly oxygenated from air getting into the system via lines/pump/filter/whatever?
  • Is there a very low voltage electrical current positively charging the elements?
A bit extreme...not sure what else it would be.

Last edited:
I added another bag of salt yesterday (had to backwash for 5-6 mins to keep from overflowing...thanks, rain!), and I'm pretty sure it's no longer behaving as described in my original post. Not sure if the SLAM helped it, or what, but seems to be back to normal with no formal explanation.

Reactions: jblizzle
By far, the most likely explanation for this issue is putting in chemistry that you don't need and don't know the outcome.

TFP teaches never to "try" stuff in your pool. Understand why you are putting things in your pool and stay out of the pool store......their only goal is to convince you you need more "stuff". You need less "stuff"

Reactions: proavia and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.