Salt cell leaking at cord

I can't find any information in a search about the SDS Wave 40..

If it is leaking water and not generating it is not repairable.

How old is this unit? If this is the unit @Mdragger88 found instructions for the cord leak may be easy to fix (see below). But blinking light and other problems may indicate end of life. I would read the document above and see if there's anything you can do including cleaning the cell. I would turn off power 'till you get this resolved.

Chris

1649507307707.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
Just a quick update.
I notice if I leave the control center off all night and turn it on while the pump is already already running, then the cells will start bubbling as soon as I turn it on. It'll stop after 2min of bubbling and the status light will start blinking again. I turn off control center again, and it bubbles again for 30 seconds and then starts blinking again. Repeat it again, and now it only bubbles for 5 seconds and starts blinking again. Any thoughts why this is happening?

The fact that it's bubbling then shutting down suggests the cell is working. Check flow and salt level. The flow issue may be related to algae and/or a dirty filter. Best to use the Taylor K-1766 salt test kit for an accurate reading. The recommended salt level for this unit is 4,000-4,500 ppm, but it's supposed to operate between 3,000-35,000. I had the same unit which was rebranded and sold as the Calimar Platinum Series.

SGS (Saline Generation Systems) was taken over by C-M-P (Custom Molded Products) a few years ago. The SGS Wave was rebranded as the C-M-P Salt Econ 540 (mdl# 52000-140-000) before it was discontinued. You'll need to contact C-M-P for warranty and support.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.