Salt Above Ground Filling tomorrow, what do I need?

Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Hello all, my pool install will be done tomorrow and I’m aware filling will take a could of days.

I know I’ll need liquid chlorine and CYA but I’m confused on the next steps.

Should I test the water after it fills then add amounts of LC and CYA based on the results?

Also when should I add salt? After my levels are up on the others or immediately?

Add the salt right away. Only add about 2/3rds that you expect to need and then test after full and add more.

Once full, start 40 ppm CYA dissolving. Add 5 ppm FC. Check pH and adjust.

After SWCG running, adjust to create 4 ppm FC per day and start dissolving enough CYA to get to 70 ppm.

-Yeah... get the CYA and LC in as soon as its filled. I assume you already have figured out the amounts.
-Then add the salt in stages so you don't over shoot the amount. Make sure the SWG is turned off until all the salt is dissolved and circulated.
-Make sure your FC is at your target and then turn on the SWG to take over ...
-get some pool noodles, Mai Tais and enjoy the pool.

that's it!

Reactions: Co_Diggs
CYA - 24-48 hours after fully dissolved.
FC - 30 minutes after adding liquid chlorine, pump running.

ppm == Your SWCG documentation should show what it needs. Only add 2/3rds of the salt to start as your pool water has some salt in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.