Salinity reading in flow switch or cell on IC40

gmac

May 14, 2016
Friendswood, TX
I have an IC40 cell, manufacture date on it is 03/04/2016. It is giving faulty flow readings (low flow / red light), even though I just cleaned the DE filter and cell yesterday. It has also for some time been giving incorrect salt level readings (usually low salt, then sometimes salt OK (green), sometimes flashing red/green for high salt. For example right now it's saying salt is too high, but when tested it was 3100 ppm.

So...if I replace the flow switch does that also take care of the salinity reading, or is the salinity reading done by the cell itself?

This has been going on the past month or two since temps have warmed up, and my chlorine levels have been fine (not counting the past heavy rains), so it seems like the cell still has some life in it despite being just over 4 yrs old.

The Salt 0 PPM is a separate problem explained in the article. It is a communication bug between the ET and the cell.

Mac,

If the low flow light is on, nothing else matters.. Everything stops when you have low flow..

Either you have low flow or you don't. The first thing to suspect is that your filter is dirty causing the problem. If you have a good strong flow coming back to your pool, then the flow switch should be closed.

How does the water feel at your pool returns???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.