eastern shore of Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The house were purchased a few years ago had an inground pool and slide. The slide unloaded into the shallow end of the pool, which was a huge safety concern for me. We recently had a tile overlay done on our pool deck and i had them move the slide back. Now the whole slide is slanted, they lost one of the legs and replaced it with a dented leg and now the water only comes out of the top sprayer (and even then it only comes out of the middle hole). My main question is, aside from the sprayers, are these issues that create a safety issue and compromise the stability of the slide? IMG_5680.jpegIMG_5679.jpegIMG_5678.jpeg

The house were purchased a few years ago had an inground pool and slide. The slide unloaded into the shallow end of the pool, which was a huge safety concern for me. We recently had a tile overlay done on our pool deck and i had them move the slide back. Now the whole slide is slanted, they lost one of the legs and replaced it with a dented leg and now the water only comes out of the top sprayer (and even then it only comes out of the middle hole). My main question is, aside from the sprayers, are these issues that create a safety issue and compromise the stability of the slide? View attachment 565739View attachment 565740View attachment 565741
Sorry about the grammatical errors, I’m typing on my phone and I don’t always notice if auto correct changes something

Thank you for the advice. Any thoughts on the overall safety of the slide?
Not a fan of slides in any case. After not being able to get liability insurance from any carrier for a slide or boards installation after taking a week-long class on their installation with the guarantee of coverage, I gave up on them.
The leaning steps on the ladder and the dent on a structural element are a concern to me.
Many in my area have had their homeowner's insurance canceled or the slide/board excluded from any liability claims, which usually run into the millions (per our insurance rep).

Not a fan of slides in any case. After not being able to get liability insurance from any carrier for a slide or boards installation after taking a week-long class on their installation with the guarantee of coverage, I gave up on them.
The leaning steps on the ladder and the dent on a structural element are a concern to me.
Many in my area have had their homeowner's insurance canceled or the slide/board excluded from any liability claims, which usually run into the millions (per our insurance rep).
Thank you for your thoughts and info

It looks like the legs are anchored properly in anchor cups.

Do you have a specific reason to question the safety of the slide like it will fall over?

In addition to stability, you need to follow all installation instructions for the slide including placement, diving envelop etc.

The Installation manual should be available from the manufacturer.

Do the stickers identify the manufacturer?

It looks like the legs are anchored properly in anchor cups.

Do you have a specific reason to question the safety of the slide like it will fall over?

In addition to stability, you need to follow all installation instructions for the slide including placement, diving envelop etc.

The Installation manual should be available from the manufacturer.

Do the stickers identify the manufacturer?
This sticker on the slide identifies it as a SR Smith slide and I’m assuming it was originally installed in 2006. My husband and I purchased the house two years ago and the previous owners didn’t leave any info on the pool. We had it moved because it was unloading into 3 1/2 feet of water, which is clearly unsafe. My concern is the fact the stairs are leaning to the left and none of the legs or the stairs etc. are level. I have two small children so I am looking for unbiased advice on the current state of the slide. I don’t think the contractor that moved the slide will admit that the way he reinstalled the slide is unsafe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This sticker on the slide identifies it as a SR Smith slide and I’m assuming it was originally installed in 2006. My husband and I purchased the house two years ago and the previous owners didn’t leave any info on the pool. We had it moved because it was unloading into 3 1/2 feet of water, which is clearly unsafe. My concern is the fact the stairs are leaning to the left and none of the legs or the stairs etc. are level. I have two small children so I am looking for unbiased advice on the current state of the slide. I don’t think the contractor that moved the slide will admit that the way he reinstalled the slide is unsafe.
The slide is so old I have not been able to locate any information on it online.

Just by looking at pictures, I cannot verify if the slide is safe or not.

Contact SR Smith to get copies of all literature about the slide including installation manuals.

You can ask them if the slide is safe to use or if there are any local companies that they can recommend to inspect the slide and certify it as safe.

Reactions: leeC2183
Reactions: JamesW
My concern is the fact the stairs are leaning to the left and none of the legs or the stairs etc. are level.
I have no doubt your kids will be fine with slightly unlevel steps. We used to build our own tree forts and managed way worse steps than that.

Is the ladder rock solid or does it have alot of give to it ? If it doesn't budge, or doesn't budge with the reasonable force a elementary/middle schooler might put on it, it'll be fine.

I would advise against having the High School football team over for a party though.

I have no doubt your kids will be fine with slightly unlevel steps. We used to build our own tree forts and managed way worse steps than that.

Is the ladder rock solid or does it have alot of give to it ? If it doesn't budge, or doesn't budge with the reasonable force a elementary/middle schooler might put on it, it'll be fine.

I would advise against having the High School football team over for a party though.
Haha ok thank you.

Reactions: Newdude
No one in today's litigious society will tell you that old slide is safe. Waste of time to go around asking.

You are the homeowner and need to decide if you want to to take the responsibility or not.

Reactions: proavia and JamesW
No one in today's litigious society will tell you that old slide is safe. Waste of time to go around asking.

You are the homeowner and need to decide if you want to to take the responsibility or not.
I understand that however I know I have a tendency to knit pick and be a little over the top about things. Which is why I thought I would join this site and get honest opinions from people on here as this site has been a great resource since I became a pool owner.

I would join this site and get honest opinions from people
I forgot my honest opinion.

If a professional took my car, and brought it back with the body panels equally crooked, I'd be heated.

I'd refuse to hear that it functioned ok.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support