Sad Day seeing our trees cut down

I too can relate. I had to cut down a former live Christmas tree to build our pool. We used it a second time as a Christmas tree (the top 1/4) after cutting.

@PoolGate - I used Liriope muscari 'Big Blue' next to our pool deck on one side. There is probably 200-300 SF. I just did the annual mowing of it last weekend. It takes occasional dog traffic (and some rolling around) well. For junipers I prefer Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star' to Juniperus horizontalis (or it's cultivars) based on appearance (personal). Blue Star is not the fastest to cover ground but can cover 10+ SF in time and may get 1' tall or a little more.

I also have/had evergeens next to our pool. Leyland cypress to be exact. I quite enjoyed them and would still have them were it not for the pool but when the inside dies out as normal, that eventually blows out in windstorms. One time it COMPLETELY covered the pool surface in 2 minutes with dead debris (50+ MPH thunderstorm gust from the wrong direction). Thankfully it all floated and I was home. As of today, the 9 next to the pool are gone - lots of free exercise. They were 45' tall / 30' wide and were quite a job. I am replacing them this weekend with Columnar Blue Spruce. Super excited to have this new tree variety on our property.

View attachment 95873
When the roots die out from the inside out, does that mean its time to plant new ones? Our trees just started doing this this year and we love them so much!! Will they improve or does that mean they are dying and wont bloom again?

When the roots die out from the inside out, does that mean its time to plant new ones? Our trees just started doing this this year and we love them so much!! Will they improve or does that mean they are dying and wont bloom again?
I'm a little confused. Which trees of yours are you referring to (flowering tree)? Did you mean roots dying out from the inside or branches?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.