S200 vs M400

kevin.gt

Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Warrior SE/S200 from Marina for $700
or
M400 from my pool builder for $960

From what I've gathered on the forum, the M400 might do a better job not getting stuck on my 2 elevated floor drains, comes with a caddy, and has bluetooth controls. My pool is easily accessed by my basement so the caddy doesn't seem that valuable to me. Anything I'm missing that would justify spending the extra $260 on the M400? Thanks in advance

I'm in the "go simple" camp. I can guarantee that the S200 will do every bit as good a job as the M400. It may take a second cycle (or it may not), but that's hardly a deal-breaker. The more I see of added "features" the less compelling they seem.

Would you recommend the bluetooth features of the S300? I feel like I could see myself driving it over to the tanning ledge to easily retrieve it. I believe Marina has the warrior SI (S300) for $50 more than the SE (S200).

I have had the SE barely a week now used it 3 times and I love the simplicity. I pop it in the pool and turn it on then walk away. 2hrs later its done and I pick him up dump the garbage and let him dry a bit before I put him in the garage. I cant see that I would use the bluetooth much at all really. Its very easy to use and pretty idiot proof. Just my 2c

Would you recommend the bluetooth features of the S300? I feel like I could see myself driving it over to the tanning ledge to easily retrieve it. I believe Marina has the warrior SI (S300) for $50 more than the SE (S200).
It will not work on a tanning ledge as it requires it to be under enough water to feed the propulsion up the wall to the ledge. It might work if you lifted it up onto the ledge, but you need to ask Margaret at Marina about that.

Maddie

I have the S200 (Warrior SE is the same cleaner under a different name). You don’t need bluetooth to help retrieve it - just pull on the power cord to bring it to you.

I thought I might want the Bluetooth steering feature, but now that I’ve had my cleaner, I don’t think I would ever use steering even if I had it. I just hit the clean button and walk away. I do have to run the cleaner for 2-3 cycles (2 hours per cycle) to get the everything on the floor, but that isn’t a big deal. I like the price and simplicity and would pick the same cleaner if i had to do it over again.

The official recommended method of retrieval is to pull it by the cord until just before it breaks the surface, then reach in and pull it out. The cord is very strong and there's a stress connection inside the unit that ensures you aren't going to loosen any connections. It's also a "lazy man's" remote in that I can pull the submerged unit over to an area for spot cleaning.

The official recommended method of retrieval is to pull it by the cord until just before it breaks the surface, then reach in and pull it out. The cord is very strong and there's a stress connection inside the unit that ensures you aren't going to loosen any connections. It's also a "lazy man's" remote in that I can pull the submerged unit over to an area for spot cleaning.
It is actually quite buoyant and light when its in the water. I was surprised how easy it is to pull around if you need to

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.