easy-e

Feb 20, 2018
Monmouth County, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool specs should be below but in case I did it wrong, roughly 21k plaster in ground pool, manually chlorinated. Oblong shape with steps and swim out ledger. We have a mesh safety fence in place.

S200 is recommended all over this site but a few YouTube videos (PoolBots) seem to recommend other Dolphins over the S200 based on price and lack of features. So is the s200 is the best for the job or should I consider something else?

What features do you think you need that the S200 lacks?

Most folks here seem to find that features like remote controls or WiFi are unnecessary for a robot to clean the pool which is its primary mission.

Yeah,
What features do you think you need that the S200 lacks?

Most folks here seem to find that features like remote controls or WiFi are unnecessary for a robot to clean the pool which is its primary mission.

The ability to easily order the thing online would be nice.

Aside from that I don't know really. The wifi stuff seems like a gimmick, I agree. It seems like even Dolphin makes a hundred different products that also seem vaguely similar, so its hard to figure out what I need vs don't need. Little overwhelming I suppose.

The ability to easily order the thing online would be nice.

You will find a lot of manufactures are prohibiting their equipment from being sold online.

That is why you need to call a store so it becomes an in-store order.

Aside from that I don't know really. The wifi stuff seems like a gimmick, I agree. It seems like even Dolphin makes a hundred different products that also seem vaguely similar, so its hard to figure out what I need vs don't need. Little overwhelming I suppose.

Call Margaret at Marina. She has guided many other people here with good service and prices.

Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
Mills, Margaret
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
Bus: (303) 985-0077

E,

Keep in mind that when we say "S200" we are talking about the "style" of robot. There are a number of robots that are almost identical to the S200 but have a different color, or name. Margaret at Marina knows which are the same, and which are not.

Now is not really a good time to buy a robot because of all the supply chain issues.. :(

Thanks,

Jim R.

Made some calls to local shops. Lots of places near me.

Big price variation on th s200 - 999 up to 1400 so far.

One place, most helpful, has S200, S300 and S300i. Said all good but 300i good for plaster because of deep clean mode? This particular place is local and repairs in house, which seems like a plus.

Thoughts? The bells and whistles of S300 seem unneccessary. The caddy is included in their price, but I guess I'm not seeing the usefulness for a fairly lightweight robot?

Marina currently shows a Prowler 920 in stock. That is the same as the S200, just rebadged. Cost I suspect will be less than $800, free shipping and no sales tax. You must call them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are at least 10+ Maytronics dealers in monmouth county. Go to the maytronics site and search for dealers. Call around. One of them will have an S200.

There are at least 10+ Maytronics dealers in monmouth county. Go to the maytronics site and search for dealers. Call around. One of them will have an S200.

Probably not at the price Marina sells it for though.

Reactions: cowboycasey

Yeah I have tried calling Marina a few times and have not got through. I called a few retailers near me. Many have it in stock so the lowest price I found was $1,000. At this point I just want to get the thing so I might bite the bullet and just buy local

Yeah I have tried calling Marina a few times and have not got through. I called a few retailers near me. Many have it in stock so the lowest price I found was $1,000. At this point I just want to get the thing so I might bite the bullet and just buy local
Be sure to get the combo filter. Marina includes it, most other sellers charge for it.

Buy it, decent price. They are running rebate of 25$ thru July.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.