Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello,
The pool has been open for 5 months. It’s a saltwater pool with a SWG. Yesterday I looked at the ladder and realized the rust forming on the post. How is this possible. How can I protect it from getting worse?
Thanks
1628533225171.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Aqua !!! Poor quality materials will rust from outdoor exposure, no two ways about it. They will invariably want to blame the salt but it’s a moisture problem, not the salt. I think that many builders had to sacrifice quality this last 18 months in exchange for availability. The twice as sucky part was that everybody paid inflated prices for lesser quality parts. Fight to get a replacement under warranty.

Agreed but this is a sr smith ladder not a knock off. Coukd it be that the salt was around 4000?

Agreed but this is a sr smith ladder not a knock off
Using the materials that were available is what everyone has been forced to do this whole time.

Manufacturers being pinched by sky high costs and lack of supplies have changed many things in the interest of both. Simply being from a previous quality supplier doesn’t mean anything at the moment. :( If Sr Smith used quality materials, it wouldn’t have rusted.

Using the materials that were available is what everyone has been forced to do this whole time.

Manufacturers being pinched by sky high costs and lack of supplies have changed many things in the interest of both. Simply being from a previous quality supplier doesn’t mean anything at the moment. :( If Sr Smith used quality materials, it wouldn’t have rusted.
Yup, unfortunately even goods made by reputable companies are suffering. We had a house built during the pandemic (moved in last summer) and it took forever for them to get all the interior doors from Jeld-Win and the ones we did get were obviously rushed out the door (no pun intended). Rough and unfinished in places, they were not the best. But we didn't want to delay any longer, so we dealt with it.

Reactions: Newdude
Yup, unfortunately even goods made by reputable companies are suffering
I saw it with my new filter. The bigger filter was clearly done in a sloppy manner. The glue that holds the top to the pleats is uneven and much heavier than it needs to be and it sits on 3 plastic feet like a tripod. One of them is glued on sideways in relation to the front/back orientation of the other two. It doesn’t appear either will affect the usage so I’m not returning it out of fears that they will take the whole filter (and not be able to replace it) and not just give me a new part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.