Rust, mustard algae or something else?

May 5, 2018
Oakhurst Ca.
I was not sure if we had the dreaded mustard algae about a week ago. Had some yellowish debris on the creepy crawly. After slamming the pool this week and passing the overnight chlorine loss test I decided to have a look at chlorine generator and found a mystery film on the inside. I can remove it if I brush it. I did not see any sign of this when I opened up the d.e. filter and cleaned it out a few days ago. My question is... What is this 🤔. I'm hoping it's normal band partially due to the amount of pollen we get from the oak trees.

Attachments

• IMG_20200717_103613.jpg
    IMG_20200717_103613.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20200717_101311.jpg
    IMG_20200717_101311.jpg
    683.8 KB · Views: 25
Can you post a full set of water test results? That would be a good place to start. Also tell us if your water is known to have a high iron content. A well maybe? Also please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Something there may help as well.

Ch-6ppm, ph-7.6, salt 3800ppm, cya- 70, cal hardness 325ppm, and alkalinity was 80 a few weeks ago(waiting on a refill of the R-0009). I actually do not know what the iron content of the water is but I am on a mission to figure that out.

Your testing numbers seem to be quite good. Now THIS appears to be your 2017 water report. I couldn't connect to a more recent one, but this one is very interesting with quite a bit of stuff listed. @JamesW, have you seen some many metals on one water report before?

Thanks for taking the time to get that information. Within the last year that brought an additional treatment stage online to reduce the arsenic and possibly uranium??? I believe that is why they are providing all of the information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.