Running heat pump and solar at same time on Easytouch

ozone72

May 29, 2016
Toronto
I have my solar and heat pump connected to my ET4. I heat my pool in solar only mode right now. I'm trying to figure out a way to run both the solar and heat pump at the same time. Seems like it should be easy to do but I'm stumped.
If I turn "Heater" on, the "Solar Only" goes off. If I turn "Solar Preferred" on, then it's one or the other.
I'd like to keep the solar as the primary heater and be able to manually turn on the heat pump without shutting off the solar.

Thanks Oz

Hmm. Since there is a Manual Heat on/off setting I thought you could put that in a Feature Circuit, but maybe not, never tried it.

Programming the ET can be an adventure ===

I called Pentair support and was told Solar and Heat Pump can't be run at the same time on the ET but can be done on the Intellitouch. I'm not giving up though...

The heat pump is currently wired to a breaker in a separate panel. Could I wire this to a 240V breaker in the ET through an AUX relay? This should theoretically allow me to manually turn the heat pump on/off with ScreenLogic. The thermostat control would be set at the heat pump instead of the ET. I would still run the solar through the ET.

Second question...what is the Elec Heater "special purpose relay output" for. Documentation is shockingly lacking (sarcasm) on this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.