Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

The wind blew one inside out the other day. It's a bit bent up on the inside but still works.

We're suppose to start the holes tonight. It's too hot during the day.

Jimmy floated for a few hours today and spent time with his son. I went swimming. I'm not into floating... I like to swim more. Jim is complete opposite. lol

I moved the cinder blocks on the side of the garage. I need to find a good homemade weed killer and spray that side of the pool. Any future plants will be container plants so I'm not worried about contamination. I have a lot of spiky thorny weeds that are outrageous!

Eta:
Hubby and I have dug 2 holes and set two post so far. We are going to try n get 4 more done tomorrow. I'll post pics in a bit!

I know it's not that exciting but we are feeling accomplished with these 2 post! :mrgreen:

The auger he bought is pretty cool! Not to bad to operate between the 2 of us. We took our time. We're just not rushing through this. We might finish by August. lol

A buddy once asked me if I knew why they called them two man post hole diggers... it's because they will whip two men's *****. You must have nice dirt...

Just like with the pool, once your posts are set and then cut off level the rest just kind of falls together in no time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

He has his own auger woody! No way would I hand dig those holes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

A buddy once asked me if I knew why they called them two man post hole diggers... it's because they will whip two men's *****. You must have nice dirt...

Just like with the pool, once your posts are set and then cut off level the rest just kind of falls together in no time.

He bought a one man auger and we turned it into a 2 man! lol

Well, you will be very happy with it and it only took us an hour or so to get it together from the walls to the hose! Good luck with it n post a lot of pics!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL It IS Casey! Read her whole thread. She can do ANYTHING!

Casey, those two posts stand for a beginning of so much............

I have loved reading your thread! With all that you have gone through I can say that I am very proud of you and ALL that you have done.

Kim

I built my own 300 ft of wood privacy fence and used a 1 man powered auger. Hit a couple of tree roots. Even if you KNOW its gonna happen, there is no way in **** you can turn loose of it fast enough!

wait....WHAT???? You put it up.....in AN HOUR????

NO WAY!!! :)

Yep. I had the instructions in my hands (BTW, go back in my thread, there is a number you will need to call for them to send you a copy or download a copy... I know it's in the first 4-6 pages. They told me that the DVD is the instructions. IT IS NOT!!!) for 4 months, reading it and preparing for this build. I was sidelined with hubby's accident but pulled it together some how. lol It's all a blur but it's documented here. :mrgreen:

I found the number and the post I was looking for. It was on the 2nd page but I copied it here for you starsfan!

I can't believe that there is no instruction manual packed in these pools. I called Sharkline.com and the woman told me that I did get a manual in the DVD they sent me and I laughed at her and said, You are kidding me right?! She said No! We are going paperless! Um... a 10 minute DVD/youtube video?! Ummmmmmmm... really?! She was serious. She asked me if I wanted a manual emailed to me and I told her yes, I do!

So just to let everyone know, this pool and perhaps other Sharkline Pools do not come with *a* paper instruction manual. If you want one, call Sharkline and request one from customer service. Their number is 631-951-9800. They will only email it to you.

LOL It IS Casey! Read her whole thread. She can do ANYTHING!

Casey, those two posts stand for a beginning of so much............

I have loved reading your thread! With all that you have gone through I can say that I am very proud of you and ALL that you have done.

Kim

I went out this morning and was looking at those 2 post. Felt the concrete and it was still wet so I grabbed a pencil and wrote a little something in there for us with hearts. It'll always be there.

Thank you for reading and having faith in me and us. I never thought, in a million years, it would turn out so crazy and so well and we're doing it together like we were suppose to from the start! I want to sit on my pool deck in 10 years and drink coffee with my husband. I feel very fortunate to have him, that's for sure!!! :flower:

I built my own 300 ft of wood privacy fence and used a 1 man powered auger. Hit a couple of tree roots. Even if you KNOW its gonna happen, there is no way in **** you can turn loose of it fast enough!

Usually, by the time you realize you've hit something, it is taking you with it and you're afraid to let go but afraid to hang on!

We were using a two man to set corner posts, aka. crossties. I don't remember if it was a 10" or 12" bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I went out this morning and was looking at those 2 post. Felt the concrete and it was still wet so I grabbed a pencil and wrote a little something in there for us with hearts. It'll always be there.

Thank you for reading and having faith in me and us. I never thought, in a million years, it would turn out so crazy and so well and we're doing it together like we were suppose to from the start! I want to sit on my pool deck in 10 years and drink coffee with my husband. I feel very fortunate to have him, that's for sure!!! :flower:

Does Jimmy know you are getting all mushy in his mushy concrete?

a 3/4 " Holehog Drill is even worse! Will tie you up onto a pretzel!

Usually, by the time you realize you've hit something, it is taking you with it and you're afraid to let go but afraid to hang on!

We were using a two man to set corner posts, aka. crossties. I don't remember if it was a 10" or 12" bit.

- - - Updated - - -

He sure does! I tell him everything! I even told him I tripped and fell, dumping all my coffee after he told me I drank the last cup! :mrgreen:

Just to let yinz know, I went back and fixed the broken links and added pics where there were X's.

I have to tell you though, I can't bring myself to go through the mid section of this thread. It just kills...

The pics are fixed though. :goodjob:

Just to let yinz know, I went back and fixed the broken links and added pics where there were X's.

I have to tell you though, I can't bring myself to go through the mid section of this thread. It just kills...

The pics are fixed though. :goodjob:
thanks for fixing the links. they aren't showing up on my phone right now. I will check from the computer tomorrow. I want to see them. as for the middle of this thread... you will be able to read it one day and smile because of the strength you had and how much stronger you and Jimmy's bond is because of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.