Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

Re: Rounding the Corner to a New Pool Build

Do you have pics from last year? I would love to see it with water! Did you use the liner as a JHOOK or buy the bead reciever?

I used mine as a beaded liner.Receiver came with pool.

I was looking for pictures but I don't have any that really show off the liner,maybe if it's not raining tomorrow I can pull the cover back and get a pic from under the cover for you.We really like the Portafina liner in full sun it looks like a tiled pool,I think you'll be pleased.

Cool! Can't wait to see it! :cool: I believe I will be pleased with it! :mrgreen:

Heres your Pics.Rainy here so I just stuck my arm under the cover and snapped a few pics,so the pics maybe upside down,blurry or at weird angles.I think you'll get the idea.http://www.flickr.com/photos/94130418@N06/8562201171/
Approx. 4' of water in there still pretty clear,nothing added since Oct.

For some reason i'm having difficulty posting these pics directly to the forum. :hammer:
Apparently me and Flickr need to come to an understanding,be right back gotta get my BFH. :p

Says it's private.

CB~ First off, thanks so much for pulling that cover back and showing me your liner! I feel very special! :mrgreen:

It looks awesome! I can't wait for warm weather!

P.S. your water looks FAB!!! :mrgreen:

Now that you can visualize what your liner will look like,I bet you feel like a kid waiting for christmas morning.The liner looks even better when it's 90 and you can see it from inside the pool.

Thanks :wink: but I can't take all the credit for the water,the people of this forum and my TF100 testkit deserve most of the credit.I was pleasently surprised to see how clear it still looks after 4 months and no chlorine ,algaecide or any other chemicals.I won't open the pool for about another month,i'm ready for some warm weather and some pool time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

We're getting snow tonight! Ugh...

Well, we are a few weeks off from the dig. Hubby has been sick and the bills piled up. Once we get those taken care of, we'll rent an excavator. We were going to hire it out but we can save $400 doing it ourselves so that's what we're going to do. I've been looking at pool decks through Google images and this image is what I am aiming for but on a slightly smaller scale. I told hubby I need a set of steps coming down to the pump so I can have access to it when maintaining the pool and sweeping. There have been a few times in the past with my old pool that the pump was sucking air and I would have to run around the whole pool! Having access to it makes maintaining a lot easier IMO.

Can't wait to get started!!!

Casey,
Deck idea looks good. Where are you planning to put it... on the high side, low side? I've been following your posts because we both have been planning a pool on a sloped yard. Our pool was installed a couple of weeks ago and I'm now trying to figure out drainage around it, how much to backfill, deck plans, etc. Can't wait to get it all finally ready for summer!

afreil, I am putting the deck on the high side. And will probably put mulch around the pool to soak up the water.

Pool dig is scheduled for the 15th! We reserved the excavator this morning. Hubby and brother are so excited to play in the dirt! :mrgreen:

We ended up not renting the excavator last month. We're paying for it on Friday and reserving it for Thusrday of next week. I went through the manual again today to read up on installation. I bought the pavers on Friday. I'm going to order crushed limestone as my pool base and rent a plate compactor to set it. I'm dealing with clay so my plans are to put a layer of crushed limestone down under the pavers and once set a.k.a. level, put the limestone in the center of the pool and around the pavers and run the plate compactor as to set the base for the pool. I'm doing this as a precaution as I don't want my pavers sliding if set on wet clay.

We're getting close... Can't wait to get it up and enjoy the summer in my cool pool after long rides on the Harley! :cool: :mrgreen:

Pool site is spray painted out n ready to go for the dig on Wednesday! Can't wait to get this started!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.