Rough Plumbing for Returns, Lights and Pipe Size

Thanks for the replies. I have the whisperflo pump at my house and returning it will not be worthwhile for the cost. I followed the example of my BIL pool, which maybe isn’t a great example.
What is the whisperflo good for? Spa? I was thinking of a water feature pump but wasn’t sure if maybe the PB chose it for integration with automation or what and didn’t want to mess up. Maybe it’s for electricity use. Not sure. Why is it a bad choice?

If the main drain fed the waterfall it wouldnt run often but sounds like main drain is unnecessary. Maybe I will remove the bottom drain all together.
Thanks

One last question before I order some more parts, and thank you all so much for the input.
Do skimmer brand or type matter? Should I buy the paraskim Venturi skimmers, is pentair sta-rite or Hayward better?
Thanks

Skip the venturi skimmers if you intend to have a VS pump running at low speeds. Venturis were effective in the days of single speed pumps.

Both Pentair and Hayward make good skimmers.

Reactions: jalapenopopper
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.