Rookie question on chlorine demand

May 16, 2018
IN
Hi everyone. I have been having trouble maintaining and FC and had a chlorine demand test done. The results said I should add 14 Gal of liquid chlorine. Being that tomorrow is the 4th of July, I asked if I should just add a moderate amount tonight and then add 14 tomorrow night after the pool party we are having. They said no... add 14 gal tonight and we should be able to swim toMorrow.
Does this sound right to everyone? It might be a dumb thought, but is it possible that my pool would be unswimmable because it would have too much chlorine in it if I add 14 gal tonight?
We have a lot of people coming to swim and I don’t want to mess up.
The water is crystal clear by the way and the FC reading is .2 but I added 3 Gal last night. Thanks

Welcome to the forum!
Chlorine Demand is a pool store term. TFPC does not use that type of terminology. They are having you go way over what you should and it can damage a vinyl liner and be very wasteful.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF-100 Test Kit ™
While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.