Robotic Cleaners with figure 8 shaped pool (or Kidney shaped)

Jimjones666

Aug 18, 2020
sydney, Australia
Hello,
I was looking for any feedback from pool owners who have a figure 8 shaped pool (or Kidney shaped) and who use a robotic pool cleaner.
What is your experience, how well do they clean and how long does it take, ie- do you think the shape slows your robot down, does it do the whole pool in the 2 - 2.5hrs that a lot of the cycles have.
This is very close to my pool shape-
8 shape pool.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you both for your feedback. Now I just have to decide which one to get as there is so many and some rebranded names to make it more confusing.
The one I am looking at does not have a swivel cable, does anyone know if the standard cable is good with the figure 8 pools?
I have read about the tips - feed cable from middle and only put enough cable in the pool that is needed.

Strangely enough the newer models that have the swivel cable got worse reviews than the model I am looking at.
I was interested in the Dolphin x30 (what it's called in Australia) rebranded as trident hydro and seen a comment from maytronics that said the Dolphin S200 is the same just with added features.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.