Robot starting to get stuck on drain covers - Maytronics no help

Cody

Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2014
Prosper, TX
I have the Dolphin 300i, and bought it about 1.5 years ago. It's just becoming an issue with it getting stuck on drain covers (i have 4 covers). I called Maytronics and was told they don't have any adapters for and of the robots like mine. They told me to buy drain clips, but when I visited the web site for the clips, they say specifically that robots have mixed results.

Any tips or advice?

It gets worse with age as the treads wear down. My S300i is going on 4 seasons old and it definitely sits on the drain covers a lot longer than it did in previous years. My treads are very worn down so I will be replacing them at the end of the season. I expect that will restore some of the original ability to sail over the drain. Dolphin should really redesign the bottom suction port with a more flexible rubber lip as opposed to the hard molded plastic, it would likely help solve the high-centering problem.

Yes, pretty disappointing that Maytronics rep basically said "can't help you" except to recommend a clip on the drain covers...the problem with those is that my pool is deepest in the center, and only about 5 feet deep, so we walk over the drains all the time...seems that would be really annoying to have the clips.

I have the same issue with a M600. Maytronics was no help with any support or ideas, but I did find adding a 4" piece of noodle to the handle helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Check out post number 10. I’m going to give the Teflon idea a shot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.