Robot Cleaners - Dolphin S200/Dolphin Nautilus CC/etc

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
I believe I’m at a point in my life where it’s time for me to get a robot cleaner for my pool. I’m tired of manually vacuuming my pool. From researching this site, there are two robot cleansers that I’m interested in. The dolphin S200 and the dolphin nautilus CC . Are both of these robots the same thing? I mean, what’s the difference between the two of these.

Also, can a hair net be placed around the basket in these Robots? I don’t think I’ll like to manually take out worms from the baskets every time I vacuum ?. I would like to just put a net in the basket making it easier to clean the basket after it vacuums.

If there are any other robots that you can suggest at a cheaper price that would be great too. I’ll like to get one very soon.

I have an s200. It is nice. The bottom of the basket opens so there is no digging out worms or debris if you have a water hose close. You could use a hair try or similar device if needed. It also comes with a normal filter that is good for daily use to catch leaves and most pin head size debris. The fine filter is good for getting very fine dust debris. I would buy another one if I had it to do again.

The S200 has both a front and rear brush, the Nautilus only has a front brush.

You cannot instal hairnets, they will not work with the filter basket configuration. The baskets are super easy to clean out, even with creepy crawlers in them.

The S200 is the better choice in my opinion.

If you call Marina Pool, Spa, and Patio (you will see this suggested over and over again), they can quote you prices for an S200 vs the Nautilus CC. I'm going to bet once you add the fine filter (which the Nautilus CC does not come with) and consider the extra brush on the S200 you will conclude that the S200 is a little more expensive but well worth it.

I have had a Nautilus CC since Spring of 18. It does a great job in my pool, much better than my Hayward floor vacuum did before it.

That said, in dusty AZ I found I had to purchase the fine filters because the robot would just blow around the dust and dirt instead of actually removing it from the pool. So that’s an added cost that I wouldn’t have had to pay had I gone with the S200.

Also, I wish this had two brushes. Not that it does a bad job, but it would do an even better job IMO.

Finally, I wish my CC had the anti tangle cord.

You won’t be disappointed with the CC, but now that you know about the S200, you’ll always be left wondering what could have been, like I do ;)

Reactions: justinc
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.