Robot cleaner with beach entry pool?

not drive around my wife's flowerbeds.
That conjurs up a fascinating image I can't quite get out of my mind! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

The short answer is it probably won't work. robors are as dumb as, well, robots and all the claims manufacturers make for their smartness is mostly bogus. There may be one out there that will sense that beach entry and reverse itself but my money is on some flower grinding

IIRC the older float-handle models worked with beach entry because the handle would collapse and stop its progress.

G..

I have had several units with the handles apart, and they are not in anyway electrically connected to the electronics area of a robot.. I suspect they stop because the robot monitors the current going to the motors and when the robot runs out of water the current in the motor changes..

I honestly don't know the answer for sure, but I doubt it will drive itself out of the pool and mow your lawn... :mrgreen:

In my mind the key is will it know enough to back up or turn around, or will it just stop?

NPS... I nominate you to buy one, check it out, and report back with pictures.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
El,

When my robot tries to climb the stairs, it never gets to the top one, because the suction motor is above the water level.. When that happens the robot backs up..

At least that is what has happened to all the robots that I have ever owned.

I would have to assume that is what the robot would do on the beach entry..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Is that beach entry onto a tanning ledge or does it gradually go down to your shallow end. My robot treats the tanning ledge wall as a normal wall. It will scrub the wall side to side even though there is no water line tile there to scrub. If it climbs the stairs to the tanning ledge the front top side pokes out of the water and then it stops, and reveres. This is an M600 robot.

@Gladius Nova There's this thread where the OP specifically asked Maytronics about a beach entry pool.

--Jeff

From my Polaris VRXiQ+ manual:

The Polaris robotic cleaner includes a safety
feature that automatically stops the cleaner if it is
powered on but not submerged in water. For pools
equipped with a beach area, this safety feature is
programmed to drive the cleaner in reverse and
back into the pool when the impeller is out of the
water.

I don't have a beach entry to test this claim. I know it does stop shortly after I lift it out of water on retrieval mode, but I have never looked at the wheels to see if they are just turning during this or if they reverse.

Reactions: Gladius Nova
From my Polaris VRXiQ+ manual:

The Polaris robotic cleaner includes a safety
feature that automatically stops the cleaner if it is
powered on but not submerged in water. For pools
equipped with a beach area, this safety feature is
programmed to drive the cleaner in reverse and
back into the pool when the impeller is out of the
water.

I don't have a beach entry to test this claim. I know it does stop shortly after I lift it out of water on retrieval mode, but I have never looked at the wheels to see if they are just turning during this or if they reverse.
Thinking of picking one of these up tomorrow. Leslie's near me has one in stock it looks like.

Has anyone else had any luck with this or another robot option for beach entries?

Thinking of picking one of these up tomorrow. Leslie's near me has one in stock it looks like.

Has anyone else had any luck with this or another robot option for beach entries?
I actually finally got to see that in action. It found an area on or tanning ledge that it climbed right over and tried to go forward along, and as soon as the exhaust cleared water and started spitting it quickly backed into pool, sank, and turned around. I would advise the store that you specifically wanted that feature for your beach, and if it doesn't work as advertised it's coming back to the store.

Reactions: aug0211
I actually finally got to see that in action. It found an area on or tanning ledge that it climbed right over and tried to go forward along, and as soon as the exhaust cleared water and started spitting it quickly backed into pool, sank, and turned around. I would advise the store that you specifically wanted that feature for your beach, and if it doesn't work as advertised it's coming back to the store.
Awesome, thank you for sharing! This sounds promising and also fair.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.