Roach poison... can someone double check me?

hawkmoon7

Nov 27, 2020
Florida
After reading the pros-and cons, I think Boric Acid is right for me. (I have tons of aeration and am struggling to keep PH in check, plus I live in an area very prone to near year-round algae).

I Ordered a 55lb bucket from Duda Diesel. It says Granular Boric Acid. (Granular Boric Acid, 55 lb [boric55] | DudaDiesel Biodiesel Supplies). On the shipping label, it says "55 lb Pail Pure Granular Boric Acid Pest Control Cockroach Roach Ant Insect Mold". I know this is also in roach poison, but it's all the same stuff right? Can someone just make me feel a bit more comfortable before dumping 40lbs of roach poison into my water! I'm not making a terrible mistake, right? It's the same stuff. I think. Probably... Right? :)

Yes. If you have spare roach killer sprinkle it around the outside of the pool and your house for added critter control. Kills fleas ticks and other nasties. I remember my grandma used to “powder the carpets” with borax. She’d powder, brush it in deep and vacuum the next day with her old Kirby. You couldn’t kill that vacuum evidently. Lol. I have borates in my pool and it’s awesome.

Boric acid can be used in tinctures for ear washes for dogs, eye washes for humans. Deodorizing and cleaning. It’s like DE. Bad for bugs but otherwise non toxic to mammals, invertebrates, birds unless high (like really high) doses are ingested or breathed in. PS. Don’t add to pool if it’s windy and wear a mask. You really shouldn’t breathe a bunch in and No point of wasting it to the surrounding neighborhood.

Reactions: hawkmoon7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.