Wi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
How can I check salt levels with RJ45? It has a salt inity button and under menu salt level. Does the chlorine generator need to be generating chlorine to get a reading? Can I turn on unit but set power to zero and use the salt inity button to read level?

Reason I ask is salt inity button says 2600 but turn on chlorine generator to 5 percent or more then menu salt level reads 600 confused new owner. Need help. If I turn on generator 5 percent or more runs 10 min then says low dalt and clean cell same time. Salt inity stays at 2600, was 3700 when first hooked up.
Thanks

What is your salt in the pool, you should not rely on the SJ for salt levels.. The RJ will create chlorine when it is happy with the salt level.. what are you using to test the salt in the pool? The Taylor 1766 is the best :)

Thanks for the advise, seems silly they put a saltinity button if not to be relied on for reading.

If not enough salt will the sj45 cell light come on?

My water salinity tested 3500ppm with the Taylor test when I installed my SWG. My unit has displayed the salinity at a high of 4200 and a low of 2800 over the several months of operation. It has produced Cl the entire time. I did raise the % generation twice as the seasonal demand increased and it has been spot on when I check FC levels at the end of the daily run and just prior to the next days run. So far so good.

Checked tonight still will run 10 min say low salt. I have put in 1380 lbs of salt into a 35000 gallon pool. Still can not make chlorine. I am loosing the pool as water is starting to show signs of algae growth....salt has been in for 3 days added 320 lbs 24 hours ago have pump running 24 hours....help me please. Did I get a brad swg? Ordeted a salt test kit 170 taylor but 4 days out...

Thanks just did.

Notice when green making chlorine for few min reads 23 volts and -2.13 amps why is it - 2.13 amps???

I'm expecting one of these via UPS tomorrow, so I just read the manual...

NOTE: You may see a negative sign in front of some diagnostic numbers during normal operation. This is normal and indicates the system is on one of its two Reverse Polarity cycles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
1,380 lbs of salt in a 35,000 gallon pool will raise the salinity by 4,700 ppm.

Brush the pool 3x really well to mix the salt in thoroughly.

Do not add any more salt.

How many bags of salt have been added?

There is probably a lot of salt sitting on the bottom of the pool.

I know that it seems like the salt would mix in, but it can actually sit on the bottom for days.

Does the pool have a main drain?

Is there any way to help mix in the bottom water and salt?

Ok. That's unusual. In any case, the salt is probably sitting on the bottom. You will need to get it mixed in somehow.

How deep is the sand?

Is this more like a lake or pond?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.