RJ - 45 Cell Connection Error

Joe AC2RE

May 28, 2019
Long island, NY
About a week ago my RJ-45 Displayed “Cell Connection” Mind you it’s been working flawlessly for over a year now. I called tech support and they sent an adapter. I installed it correctly and still got the same error.
I have been on the phone with them 3 times sent them pictures of the connectors. Their response has been keep fussing with it till it works. What kind of answer is that??
I have been down for over a week now. I have been using Shock Max Blue to keep the pool crystal clear, not sure how long it will last though (BTW it cured my algae problem quick great product)
To say I am unhappy and disappointed is an understatement, they should do better with customer service.
At this point I want to get my own connector and install it. The one used on the unit is not great.
Does any one know what the amperage rating is of the connector?
I found military grade waterproof connectors rated at 25 amps (each pin) For $18.
Thank you for the help.

It is not recommended to put tablets in the skimmer since the acid in trichlor will create very acidic water when your pump is off and can damage your equipment.

I had the same issue on a 2 month old RJ45+ I replaced the part with the adapter they gave me and it worked for 2 days. After the 2 days it shows my water temp as 166 degrees and the SWG won't work since it's too high.
Guess I'm calling discount salt pool again on Monday. 😔

I just received the bypass today shipping it out tomorrow. If they know they have a bad connector try a different manufacture. It’s been down for 10 days now. Water is clear and numbers are good. I am keeping the chlorine on the high side at 8-10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.