Riverside, CA - Backyard Overhaul

Demo is his specially...

On another note, I went to give a bid on a community pool in an unbelievably prestigious gated community in San Diego County for AquaBright :party:

Not sure if I'll get it but here's some eye candy anyway...

130,000 Gallons :shock:

IMG_20180119_100404955.jpg

IMG_20180119_103644791_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180119_174305_018.jpg

IMG_20180119_174217_032.jpg

Screenshot_20180119-174225.jpg

IMG_20180119_174251_072.jpg

These don't do it justice. I nearly exploded as I crept around the hood

That pic does show just how big that patio is!!

"want the beam tails curved" What does this mean? I am guessing it is something to do with the fireplace...............(Matt......don't say a word!!!)

Kim:kim:

Sorry Kim, I must have missed this earlier.

Its a decorative cut at the end of the beams and rafters. With typical 2X lumber its no big deal because I can use a jig saw to make the cuts but these are 6X12s. I don't have a portable bandsaw (they are about $2500-4K) so I'm limited to a chainsaw, sawzall and Wanger's teeth.

Here's what they want - nothing fancy but it will be very time consuming.

See RC-3

products-corbels.jpg

I shouldn't complain... They could have picked something a lot more ornate :sad:

WOW! That IS some eye candy! What a pretty area! Any idea when you will hear if you got the job or not? What is wrong with their current plaster? How did they hear about you and/or aquabright?

How did the people you are doing that awesome build for even know to ask for a "fancy" cut like that? It sure will be neat looking I bet but man Wanger's teeth are going to worn down after that work!

WOW! That IS some eye candy! What a pretty area! Any idea when you will hear if you got the job or not? What is wrong with their current plaster? How did they hear about you and/or aquabright?

I should find out by the end of next week if I got it or not. The manager of the HOA somehow saw or heard of EcoFinish and inquired - that road led to me.

How did the people you are doing that awesome build for even know to ask for a "fancy" cut like that? It sure will be neat looking I bet but man Wanger's teeth are going to worn down after that work!

I drew 6 options on the computer and that was their choice...I have excellent dental insurance for my employees!

IMG_20180118_174632479.jpg

Smart man! You did not show them the REALLY fancy ones! I like the middle one as well but the one they picked would have been my pick. How will you make sure they are all the same? Will you do the fancy cut before you put them up? (guessing yes but.........)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So with that "gift", the bubblers gift for the kids, the crown moulding gift to fancy up the patio ceiling............you don't sweat much. That is why everyone wants you to do their work! If you think it needs to be done or added you do so without asking for more. It is those extra touches that makes you stand out!:goodjob:

Kim:kim: (Thanks for taking the time to answer my many questions!)

So with that "gift", the bubblers gift for the kids, the crown moulding gift to fancy up the patio ceiling............you don't sweat much. That is why everyone wants you to do their work! If you think it needs to be done or added you do so without asking for more. It is those extra touches that makes you stand out!:goodjob:

Kim:kim: (Thanks for taking the time to answer my many questions!)

And yet, whenever I request-for-quote from DCC Inc, all I ever get in reply to my emails are ROFL and soft-serve chocolate ice cream emojis .... :scratch:

Sorry Kim, I must have missed this earlier.

Its a decorative cut at the end of the beams and rafters. With typical 2X lumber its no big deal because I can use a jig saw to make the cuts but these are 6X12s. I don't have a portable bandsaw (they are about $2500-4K) so I'm limited to a chainsaw, sawzall and Wanger's teeth.

Here's what they want - nothing fancy but it will be very time consuming.

See RC-3

View attachment 72195

I shouldn't complain... They could have picked something a lot more ornate :sad:

I’ve used Chino Lumber for beams with corbel cuts. They clamp the beam to a bench and then cut it using a wood bandsaw mounted on casters. Pretty slick.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.