Rising PH in Henderson NV

I love my Pentair IntellipH. It works well with, and requires, an Icxx IntelliChlor. They're not cheap, though. It's a good size. It shuts down the IC when it is injecting, so you don't have chlorine and acid mixing together (bad!).

How bad is it if both inject/run at the same time? They are both very "metered" small doses. As long as the pump is running, would they be diluted enough to not cause a problem, even running at the same time?

If it is bad, what are the consequences? Are we talking about the general (but important) don't mix chemicals, especially acid and chlorine, that we all should know about? Or is it other side effects or problems that can occur when they are mixed in such diluted amounts?

Acid and chlorine mixed together creates a toxic gas. That's a given. How dangerous is mixing them together in a pipe full of water which then pumps the mixture into a pool full of water? I wouldn't speculate. Pentair's IntellipH doesn't allow it, is all I know, and however dangerous it might be, it's nice not to have to worry about it...

It should be relatively simple to schedule acid dosing from a Stenner pump while the SWG isn't running, if you go with Stenner instead of IntellipH.

Get IntelliPH working without InteliChlor?
and
Looking at installing a new Stenner acid pump - have a few questions

Pentair sells the acid tank by itself, or the tank and the pump, or the tank and pump and controller. I write in one of those thread why I think the Pentair tank is superior to those being used by the Stenner crowd (based on how they describe them, or the pictures they share, again, I've never seen a Stenner setup for myself). But you can use a Stenner pump with the Pentair acid tank. Virtually all the combinations are possible, if you have a little DIY in ya.

Great, thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.