REVIEW: Dolphin Oasis Z5 from Epic Pool supply

The remotes look identical until you push the buttons. the M5's remote has a bunch more options. His remote did operate my robot....I am fairly confident the additional features worked. I might have forgotten to take pics of his remote...if you want pics of mine I can post em up.

The remotes look identical until you push the buttons. the M5's remote has a bunch more options. His remote did operate my robot....I am fairly confident the additional features worked. I might have forgotten to take pics of his remote...if you want pics of mine I can post em up.

That's great to know the remote worked with ours.

TWong....in addition to what the basic remote does, the M5 remote allows you to have it clean just the walls, just the bottom, have different cycle times, delay the cycle.....just about everything you'd need. If the remote will work fully with the Z5....I'm all over it.

I can post one if you guys really would like it, no problem.

Great review man! You know I don't have much to add without beating the dead horse some more. All I can say is I suppose I'll keep my vac hose put up somewhere in case I ever need it again. We've had tons of storm wind and junk in the pool already, and My M-5 is fully field tested and approved. If it can handle the dirt/dust cleanup around here, it ought to just about anywhere. Nothing short of amazing these things.

I would really like to know if the M5 remote would really work on the Z5 with all of those extra features. I'd love a water line scrub only feature.

I should have left my remote with MCC and let him find out. Neither one of thought of it though. That too can happen. I wouldn't mind for a few days to vet this whole thing out, provided MCC wants to carry this out.

I do know that Maytronics seem very weird about what they put out. I understand the reservation of models for certain people, but they are a little bit Gestapo about things if you ask me. Just try to find an M5 near where you live. If it's no a big city, good luck. Mine was shipped from 2 hours away. If you wanted to upgrade for the Pro remote on the Z5, it ought to be an option. Seems simple enough right?

I own the Z5 and can't keep it off our main drains. If any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to get a suggestion or any idea at all to try to alleviate this from the online dealer since June 15th, still without a response.

I own the Z5 and can't keep it off our main drains. If any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to get a suggestion or any idea at all to try to alleviate this from the online dealer since June 15th, still without a response.

Have you adjusted the handle/floats? Mine travels all over my pool....luckily it doesn't get hung up on my drains at all.

I should have left my remote with MCC and let him find out. Neither one of thought of it though. That too can happen. I wouldn't mind for a few days to vet this whole thing out, provided MCC wants to carry this out.

I do know that Maytronics seem very weird about what they put out. I understand the reservation of models for certain people, but they are a little bit Gestapo about things if you ask me. Just try to find an M5 near where you live. If it's no a big city, good luck. Mine was shipped from 2 hours away. If you wanted to upgrade for the Pro remote on the Z5, it ought to be an option. Seems simple enough right?

I'm game to try it out. You can play with my basic remote for a bit as well.

I know that the M5 remote will operate mine, but I don't know if the additional features really did anything different. It will take a few beverages worth of watching it to see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will the Oasis Z5 pick up acorns? I don't have a ton of acorns that make it into my pool, but there are some. I've had a Pentair Prowler 720 that bit the dust. It used a bag and acorns were not a problem. How does the Z5 do with acorns? Thanks!

How big of Acorns? I have two live oaks out front. I'll toss a few in the pool to test if the small ones are what you have.

My Z5 arrives Saturday. Sure wish it was getting here sooner.

I tried to find the M5 locally. I live in Dallas, and still couldn't find someone that had it in stock. Two of the three places recommended by Matronics were not even pool related companies. The one feature I really wanted was the ability to have it come on every day on its own, since I travel a lot. If it would just have the ability to run every time power was applied, I could do the same thing with a Wemo switch.

It arrived a day early. Always good!

First impressions: This thing flies. It has to be at least 2 times as fast as my older Dolphin Deluxe 4. The next thing I notice is that it is already better at covering the entire pool than the old one. It's scurrying around, turning circles, and climbing walls better than the other one ever came close to doing. Cleaning out the unit is going to be far easier than the old bag in the bottom style. The top opens easily and the filters are simple to remove and clean.

If it weren't 103 outside and 30% humidity (trust me, 30% is high at that temp), I'd play with the remote. That's going to have to wait though.

I am extremely happy so far. Too bad they weren't like this 3 years ago.

I thought I'd update since the Figs are now ripe, birds are going nuts. I keep the pleated filters in my z5. Yesterday I found that it had picked up 2 partially eaten figs. I guess the birds are dropping them in the pool. Just wanted to update that figs are fair game for this monster of a robot. I'm still beyond thrilled with the purchase.

I don't think we found that it did anything different with the pro remote. I would just go with the remote it comes with as the machine performs perfectly, ans seemingly as well as my M5.

+1. We only played with it once...and we were focused more on eating/drinking. We found that it did operate the Z5, but we didn't really give it enough time to determine if the other functions of the remote changed anything the Z5 did.

I never use the remote fwiw. I just let the dolphin do its thing. It works really well.

I was interested in the basic remote but member "Schumaker" sent me this PM....
They gimped the Z5 by giving it a basic remote, but to save money they Z5 and M5 are the same. You just can't access the extra functions. So, all I need to do is buy the "pro" remote to be able to access the extra functions. The basic remote which comes with the Z5 really only allows you to control the robot. Left right straight etc... The advanced one lets you program the robot on a schedule to turn on and scrub the walls more. I am more sure which model you have.

I was interested in the basic remote but member "Schumaker" sent me this PM....

I don't know about the additional remote functions working on the Z5, but I can say that the M5 and the Z5 are not identical otherwise. The M5 has a third scrubber brush that the Z5 is lacking.

When Brushpup comes back to the house I'll beg him to bring the remote again so we can play more.

For those with the Z5, have you noticed diminished wall climbing? When I first used mine, it went right up the wall and did a great job scrubbing the water line. Now it does not get that high up the wall at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.